Book 2: Act 2 - What Lies Beyond

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Final Resolution

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:49 am

"Would that I could," Cal replies. "But after this whole werewolf incident, I need to stay in Stagfall to show the people that everything is okay, especially after having been off in the wilderness for the past two weeks."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:25 am

"I would welcome some time in Stagfall myself," Heldalel says. "Before I came here, I took the measure of purchasing scrolls containing spells I do not know, so that I may learn them and put them in my spellbook. I am certain they will be quite useful and I would be a shameful excuse for a magister if I passed up the opportunity to expand my own knowledge."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Aetoron waits for an opening to address the Baron, "Unless you have need of me elsewhere or for another task, I too would like to remain in Stagfall. I can help with the reassurance of the townsfolk that this is in fact a safe place. I would also like to take some time and catch up on any additions to the library."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:14 pm

"Please, do stay in Stagfall," the baron replies. "We can use all of the councilors we can assuring the population that things are safe now."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Fall in Caledonia: End of Rova

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:13 pm

The hours turn to days, the days to weeks. Many different things are happening during the rest of the month. A few stick out. The people of Stagfall are still worried over the Werewolf attacks, and it takes Aetoron a time to settle them, but for a while they are scared to travel and are less productive than normal, but by the end of the month things are back to normal with his efforts.

Haldalel and Jhod work together to make the transition of Magister smooth as possible. By the end of the month things are already improving as Haldalel's techniques are stronger on paper than Jhod's were. You see a marked improvement in the city's schools. During this time Hal, Cal and Val are all together and turn their attention to the strange magical robes you found among the Mad Hermit's things. It takes the concerted effort of all three to determine that the robes are in fact cursed! Luckily for the fellowship no one had donned them prior to this revelation.

Lem, working with Oleg up in Leveton has his Green Marshals expand the kingdom's claim to include the lands east of Leveton to include the hermit Bokken. The recluse is non to happy about it, but you assure him people will leave him be and he will be protected now from wandering bandits and the like. A half dozen small farms go in, the grasslands are good for working crops and late summer wheat is planted, the ground made ready for crops instead of cattle. The roads that span the area do their best to avoid Bokken's while connecting to Leveton and the roads to Brevoy in the north. All of this reminds you of the locket you collected from the Mad Hermit.

Your markets are flurishing, even magical items are finding their way to the Greenbottle's herbal shop that are better than she normally would carry. The dead are honored in Stagfall and in Leveton with a new graveyard being built in the northern settlement to honor the fallen.

With fall in full swing by the end of Rova you find yourselves in the Boar and Boggard for a drink. It has been weeks since you've all been together. Valen off with Jhod at the Temple of Erastil, Lem in the north over seeing the farms and roads, Calanthir busy with the Captial, and Aetoron doing whatever Spymasters do in their free time. You've come together to drink, eat, and plan the future.
Turn 13 is up. Almost finished, I figured we'd wrap up any loose ends, then kick off a new chapter soon
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Fall in Caledonia: End of Rova

Post by Chanur » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Valen sits at the table in his robes rather than mail. It is a change for the priest though he likes to dress more simply at home to remind him that he is not always slaying evil and forging an empire he also has his flock to attend and figures it makes him more approachable. Sitting there drinking his spiced wine he smiles contentedly. "I feel like a new man after my time at the Temple. It did me much good. So I believe feet are getting restless for the road my friends. What is our next plan of action?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 pm

"Well," says Cal, setting his drink back on the table. "It seems like a little more exploration is needed. There are still a number of areas relatively close to Stagfall that we know next to nothing about. We need to know what our neighbors are like before we can be secure."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Aetoron sets his drink down, "Exploration you say! I may have a lead for us. Turns out there is rumor of some elven ruins in the southern portion of the Northmarches. My source yearns for an elven statue and in return we would receive a magical cloak." Scanning the group for a reaction, "I know, I know...the last time we encountered a statue it didn't go so well..." The spymaster picks up his tankard and takes another swig.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 pm

"Well," says Cal, if there are elven ruins, I should like to see them. That sounds as fine a goal as any for our explorations."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:14 pm

"Ruins sound like just what we need. That's exciting!" Valen takes a deep drink of his spiced wine. "I could really go for some of Svetlana's cooking about now." The priest says almost wistfully.