Book 2: Act 3 - Into the Wild

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Rise of the Castle: Spring

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:27 am

"I greet you, Ylyndar, Aetoron, and Calanthir," Garuk replies with a nod. "In truth, it is a bit overwhelming. I am not used to so many people gathered in one place. It has been some time since I was last in a gathering larger than those at the temple...well, unless you count animals."
Garuk has left his warcat outside the walls to hunt, lest he unnerve the folks in town.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:58 pm

"Good day to you, Garuk," the baron says, offering his hand. "If Jhod recommends you, that's good enough for me." He smiles. "We'll be heading out into the wilds again soon to explore the borders of our land and to clear the land of trouble. You're welcome to join us when next we depart."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 am

"That sounds good," the half-orc replies, gripping the baron's hand and shaking it heartily. "It would please me to be in the wild again, if only for a short time. Are there any duties you would have me perform while I am here?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Jhod pats the half orc on the back, "Now you have to be aware that this group likes to stick their neck out, even if the Baron shouldn't be out there doing it. Yet without them this little barony would be in deep trouble, and really would not exist. If you go with them, and I think you should, you have to promise me to keep the Baron alive. Come back with a dead Calanthir, and it would be good for morale around here." He smiles at the Baron and the others.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 pm

"Fang and I'll watch out for them, Jhod," Garuk replies with a grin. "Wouldn't mind the action either."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:11 pm

"Welcome aboard, Garuk." Ylyndar turns to Cal, "speaking of sticking our necks out, I think we will have to deal with the Troll rumors ourselves. Nobody has seen a Troll yet but there is definitely something big causing problems."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:34 pm

The festival begins, there is singing, dancing, drinking, eating, (lots of pies made from Sevtlana's recipes), and rides for the kids (pony, wagon, and otherwise). The day is full of handshaking and meet and greets with the locals, tours of the castle are given, and before you realize the day has turned to evening, and then to night and all the lamps in Stagfall are lit up. You've had a chance to speak to Jhod and Garuk more, and it seems Garuk might be a nice fit for your next trip into the wild. He's set up with Jhod in a house in town and told to be ready in a few days for a venture into the wilds.
Alright, I think its time to prep the next Month/Turn and have you head back out for a venture into the wild for explore. You can use OOC to plot a tentative route. I've invited Snackbar to the game to give us 5, if he's up for it I'd like to delay departure till he can get a guy done up.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring