Book 2: Act 3 - Into the Wild

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:32 pm

"I am sure there are a few that would snap at the chance to make a few extra coins." Ylyndar leans back. "As you can see by our current location, Stagfall is under a great deal of construction. Supplies will be limited but what we do have, as the Baron has said, we will be happy to share it."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:11 pm

"We'll be happy to open up some trade," Cal replies. "And if we have any idle workers, you're welcome to hire them."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Loy gives his wife a big hug, "See dear I told you these were good people here! Nothing like the old sort that used to be around these parts." Latricia smiles, "You were right dear, and with a Temple of Erastil so close we know our souls will be cared for as much as our bodies are." She smiles too.

Over the course of the next hour you talk some details, boarders, trade windows, taxes and various diplomatic expectations and the light. The more you talk to them the more you come to see Akrios' point, these are good people, excited and eager to work and to be allies and partners with Caledonia. Eventually you sign some papers, shake come hands, toast some ale, and break for the day.
Because of their eagerness and your willingness to assist it is half the cost of the first castle, temple, market, tavern, or inn built in the new village. Mostly this is for them and me, as I get to expand their little village and make some choices now :)

Also, his name is Loy Rezbin, I keep typing Roy! I'm going to go back an edit the posts.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 pm

Once the group breaks for the day, Ylyndar spends his time checking in on his scouts to make sure he is up to date on anything that may or may not be happening throughout Stagfall and Caledonia as a whole.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Aetoron makes his way to the Boar and Boggard for a visit with Kiri, as well as grabbing a quick meal and some ale. Not wanting to linger as she is working the late shift, the spymaster heads over to his second passion, the library. The library, while still in its infancy, is ever growing. Pulling a leather bound tome from the shelf, "What do we have here? The Occult and Other Mysteries." As he retreats to his favorite chair, "I suppose this will do." Stoking a lantern, he settles in for an evening of study.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Calistril 29, Winter

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:54 pm

The last bits of detail are worked out with with Loy and everyone leaves feeling good about it. Back to life as you know it. Over the course of the next few months things are pretty stable in Stagfall and Leveton. Merchants and craftsmen leave to help with Tatzleford, but after the initial hit to your local trade things actually turn around and pick up as the settlers of that little hamlet have need of things, and you are closest civilization to them. They are also rather devote and the Temple of Erastil sees a boost to attendance during various days. The winter arrives, and that always slows things down, but you keep the work on the castle flowing. The masons are finished, and the carpenters start their jobs putting up headers, stringers, studs, walls, floors, and supports for the roof.

Rumors begin sometime around the start of the month of Abadius you start hearing rumors of trolls patrolling the lands. At once Ylyandar sets the Marshals to investigating these rumors. While at the same time Aetoron's little spies go to work countering the rumors in the taverns and public places. A quick reply to the rumors help quench them before they can get out of hand. Luckily the fear and panic never takes hold in the town, and in the outlying farms. Yet if the rumors are true or not you still aren't sure, and if trolls are being sighted in the Greenbelt its a matter you will want to look into.

By the end of winter month of Calistril you've managed to save up a good amount in the treasury. With all the previous construction left from Stag Keep you think you might now have enough to pay off the last of the workers and finish your castle.
We've finished Turn 16,17,18

Its Calistril 29

You can give a general post, or we could tie up loose ends with the Witch/Mushrooms, or something else. Its Winter.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Calistril 29, Winter

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:10 pm

Cal looks up at the former Stag Lord's fort and is happy. Work has proceeded better than he expected, and moreover, finances were such that they could afford to pay for it. But they had to call it something other than 'the Stag Lords old Fort.' What would be a good name? Stagfall Castle was easiest. but maybe one of his Councilors would have a better idea.
I say a brief detour to deliver the mushrooms wouldn't be out of order.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Calistril 29, Winter

Post by Eilandor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Aetoron walks up behind Cal, "Caledonia Keep!" With a pat on the man's shoulder, "They have made very nice progress, have they not?" Without waiting for a reply, "I have it on good word that my agents along with the Marshals, we have managed to quench any fear of roaming trolls from spiraling out of control. Although, if I may add, it seems a worthy thing to investigate. Any other loose ends?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Calistril 29, Winter

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Hustling up behind the two and catching their conversation, Ylyndar furthers the concern. "I also suggest investigating the Troll rumors. Should I send a few Marshal that way to scout out the situation? Or would this be something we would investigate personally?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Calistril 29, Winter

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:17 pm

"I agree that we don't want to be surprised by trolls," Cal says. "If there's any truth to the rumors. I want to take care of the trolls before they become a problem. There's also the mushrooms we found for the old witch. We could take a few days to run those down to her. It wouldn't keep us out of Stagfall for very long."