Book 2: Act 3 - Into the Wild

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Ylyndar leans forward in his chair. "What kind of aid? Trade we may certainly be able to provide, but with our recent endeavor in restoring the castle, what we can provide may be limited."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Cal ponders the proposal for a moment. "I'm not against the idea," he says at last. "But II'm concerned because that's land I was hoping we'd be able to claim for Caledonia. That ford is the only way across the Skunk River without going a long way north. And the loggers we met are in that area. I was hoping to get them to contribute to Caledonia, not Tatzelford." He pauses and looks around the room. "What do you think the odds are that they'd be willing to join Caladonia in the future?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Akrios replies, "I'd say fairly good. They seem positive toward us. I get the feeling too they are going to found this little town with or without us, and technically we haven't staked a claim there yet. They are good people, so for my voice I say let's support them how we can, and keep an open and diplomatic dialog going with them."

He points to the Marshal, "Yeah I'm not 100% on what they'll want or need, but trade, and perhaps even jobs may come from helping them."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Aetoron strokes his chin, "I suppose there is nothing we can do other than entertain a dialogue with them. We have no claim to that land, but as the Baron has suggested, it is logistically a very strategic position. Even if they did agree to be part of Caledonia in the future, a lot can happen between now and when that time may come." Taking a drink, "One can never be too cautious after all."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:21 pm

"Very well then," Cal says. "With the approval of the High Council, I say that we send them a letter of congratulations and an offer for help in starting up their town."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Akiros nods, "Well they will be here in ten minutes now, so let's have another cup of wine first."

In about ten minutes there is a sharp rap on the door and when it swings open two eager faced folks arrive. The married couple are beaming, wide smiles, and glee is on their faces at meeting the High Council of Caledonia. They both bow with sincere respect. "Greetings Baron Calanthir, allow me to introduce myself. I am Loy Rezbin and this is my lovely wife Latricia." She curtsies, "Charmed."

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Cal stands and bows to them both. "Welcome to Stagfall. I understand we're to be neighbors."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Loy lights up, "I take that to mean Mr. Akiros has convinced you to accept our proposal?" He moves over and shakes hands around the council. "I sure hope so. We are eager to put a small settlement right on the old ford where the Tatzlewyrms used to be. I'm eager to get things going before the winter sets in. We were hoping Caledonia would be friendly neighbors helping one another."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:08 pm

"Certainly we'll be friendly," Cal replies, taking Loy's hand. "We're not like the River Kingdoms next door." He offers the two Rezbins a seat. "So tell me, what kind of assistance were you looking for? We're fairly new ourselves, so I'm afraid we're often short on important supplies. But what we have to spare, we'll he happy to share."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Kuthona 7, Early Winter

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Loy is all smiles, "Well I was hoping we could hire some of your citizens, help us port some supplies from Leveton down there. We have a good amount of coin saved up for this, a windfall from my uncle... well that hardly matters. What you want to know is we can pay for supplies, and with luck we can be trading in timber and furs before the winter is out. Mostly going to need some things to get us through the next few months. I have a handful of friends ready to move in and get to work but I did not want to come down here and step on any toes. Not the sort of diplomacy I want to start with."