Book 2: Act 4 - The Southern Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Image “Gold and gems make a man weak; hard work in a field shows strength of body and character.”

-Parables of Erastil, Book 2: On Work

Pharast 27th, 4709, Early Spring

Life in Caledonia continues, its been seven months since your last major venture out into the Greenbelt. At that time Jubliost Narhropple's exploration band was found, and since then you've had plenty of excitement in and around Stagfall. The situation with the nymphs and the lumberjacks started things off. With a quick follow up with Tiressia and Falchos the fey whom you helped with a Scythe Tree. Blighted hollows, abandoned keeps, new friends like Haldelel and Old Beldame came to light. A werewolf threatened Stagfall, as did Howl of the North Wind and undead from a Lonely Barrow. You gathered mushrooms while battling a Tendriculous on the shore of the lake, along with collecting trophies like Old Crack Jaw. A rabble rouser (you guess from the River Kingdoms) caused internal troubles, and a new neighboring village of Tatzlford was founded. Rumors now persist of trolls to the south and, lizard kings, ancient keeps, hedogs, forest drakes and shamblesaps.

Yesterday Stagfall Keep was finished, and the citizens of the land have the safety of a castle to protect them and the prestige of the keep to build them up. Today the Baron and a few of his key friends and allies are ready to set out once more into wild. In some lands such a thing would seem strange, but in Caledonia its a regular occurrence to expand the barony and clear the lands of danger.

The group is gathered now in the courtyard of the castle strapping packs on horses, and double checking provisions and going over the plan.
Welcome to the new chapter. Another venture out into the wilds. How about a general plan/path so start with. A good time to do a bit of RP with our new member, and away we go.

Also you should set Turn 20 in motions before you leave. See the chatter thread.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Cal checks Paladin's saddlebags and then rubs the horse's nose. "Time to go back out into the wilds," he says to the horse. "We'll try and keep things calm, but no promises." Then he looks over to his companions, also preparing their horses. "The same goes for the rest of you." He smiles.

"So what do you say?" he asks. "East or west? Do we look for Candlemere Tower and then cross the Little Sellen River, or do we check up on the so-called Lizard King?"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:56 pm

"I don't know how much urgency we should place on the Troll situation but it should definitely be something we keep in mind." Ylyndar says as he looks at his horse quizzically. While attempting to mount he continues, "I wouldn't be much of a Marshal if I didn't remind evenryone."
Riding a horse will be interesting. Haha. I tend to overlook the ride skill too often.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Aetoron places a saddle on Disgruntled, then grabs his pack and bedroll. Turning back to the horse, he finds that it has shuffled its feet away from him. The spymaster tilts his head, "We haven't even left yet and you're already putting me through the ringer!" After a bit of cat and mouse with his mount, he is packed and ready to head out. Aetoron thinks on the options presented, "My vote is to seek out Candlemere Tower to the southwest as well as investigating the Troll rumors."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:55 pm

"That's my inclination too," Cal replies. "Ylindar is right, we can't let the rumors of trolls go uninvestigated forever. Besides, I have a fire spell now." He grins.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Once Ylyndar successfully makes it into the saddle of his new horse he runs his hand through her black mane. "I think I will call you Nightbreeze. Yeah, that sounds perfect."

"Southwest it is." Ylyndar agrees.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 pm

"Southeast, actually," Cal notes. "The Lizard King is to the southwest."
Normally I'm the one getting E and W mixed up. :)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:50 pm

As the group talks about where to go and what's the route there is some commotion at the gate to the castle. The guards there are clearly trying to keep someone out but a woman pushes her way through them any how. "I have to see the Marshal!" She pushes into the courtyard and runs up to your group. She appears distraught and frantic, and isn't a threat. The guards hurry behind, "Sorry sirs, she just bull rushed her way in here."

She just starts shouting at Ylyandar, "Marshal! Marshal, please I need your help! My son, he's gone missing!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Ylyndar turns to face the woman. "Your son you say? When did you last see him? I need you to calm down and give me all the information you have."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:18 pm

"No cause to apologize," the baron says to the guards with a wave of his hand. "Clearly the matter is of great importance." He turns to where Ylyndar is talking to the woman.

"We'll be able to help you right away," he says calmly to her. "But as the Marshal said, we need you to calm down and tell us what happened. To start, when and where did your son go missing?"
Take 10 on a Diplomacy check to try and calm her down.