Book 2: Act 4 - The Southern Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Troll Lair: Watchtower: Victory

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:03 pm

"Well done, all," Cal says once everyone is tended to and the blood is gathered. "We've defeated a great threat to the barony. You should all be proud. Now we have to return and warn that trolls may continue to be a threat to the lands. And we may give some consideration to getting an alchemist in Stagfall to start making alchemist's fire."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:04 pm

Daladek produces a mostly empty wine skin, so giving the rest to Aetoron to dull the pain, he then hands it over for the blood collection from the troll. He spends a bit and relocates the elf's shoulders, one by one, causing yelps of pain from the Spymaster each time, but he feels much better after. Still, he's wounded, and a few Channel's later the group is on the mend once more.
Heal Checks success
Channels (2)
+12
+15

Everyone is at full
So the old dwarf fort turned troll lair is clear, you have the blood, and now... what's next?

Everyone leveled up to 7th, you can start working on that now as well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:04 pm

"Let's gather what we can and head home," Cal says. "The sooner we report what's happened to the Marshal, the better."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Troll Lair: Nagrundi Two-Heads: Round 3

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Let's try this: I1-H1-G2-F2-F3-F4-G5

That should let us cross the rivers without trouble and stop by Tatzylford to warn them about the presence of trolls.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Gazran 5th: Tatzlford

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:38 pm

The group collects what they can, but all the supplies and collected loot from the trolls is going to require you send a salvage party down this way to collect it. You have two dead you need to deal with before leaving the area, Vanya, and Fang. Both are brought outside and you being your funeral preparations. Digging graves isn't easy or quick, but neither is finding stones for cairns, so either way you spend the rest of the day outside the ruins properly burying the pair in side by side graves some distance from the ancient dwarf fort. By the time you are done, you are exhausted, its been a very long day. So you set camp up, deciding not to stay in the troll corpse infested ruins for now. Perhaps eventually this will make a fine outpost for Caledonia, but it will need some serious airing out first.

So you spend the night in your tents, sorting out loot, and going over your tactics, and hoping you can learn from this experience in more than one way. The spring morning is bright and sunny, and you inhale the fresh scent of flowers in bloom with a smile and set off. Its four days to Tatzlford through the forests of the western reaches. You are please to arrive to find the small village bustling with activity and life. You are also happy to find a place to take a proper bath, get a hot meal, and a cold beer at The Hawk and Quail Inn, the only place of note for travelers in Tatzlford currently.

On your arrival Loy Rezbin and his wife Latricia welcome you with open arms and a bit of pomp. It isn't a half an hour after your arrival that a familiar face appears at the inn. It's Lem Lillywag, your former Green Marshal. Lem moved here last month in Pharast resigning his post as Green Marshal. His letters claimed his heart found what it was always seeking, and hinted at a wedding this spring!

You are settling in at the inn when Lem arrives, "Well look what the hounds dragged in! If it isn't Baron Calanthir!" He puts his arms on his hips and smiles with a toothy grin.
A refresher

Pharast 6
Lem leaves the barony with merchants, craftsmen and a few settlers to go to Tatzlford and help them get settled in. Its hard work in the winter and the Rezbins have asked for help already with food and shelter - perhaps founding a frontier town in winter wasn't a good idea.

Pharast 16
A letter arrives from Tatzlford from Lem.

"Dear friends, (and Valen too, Ha!)

This is hard for me to write but I must officially resign any and all posts and claims within Caledonia. I have found something in Tatzlford that I simply can not leave it. I never thought I would want to leave our little kingdom but the heart wants what the heart wants. Maybe in the spring I'll see you at my wedding!

-Lem Lillywig"

Lem

Latrica and Loy Rezbin (Founders)
Travel 4 Days to Tatzlford, 2 more to home after this.

You guys can level up to 7th now if you haven't. Doing so n the road so to speak.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Ylyndar moves forward to shake the hand of his predecessor. He formally bows his head, "It is a pleasure to see you again."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:57 am

Daladek was quiet on the journey to the human settlement; having set out to rediscover a once robust dwarven outpost he found only despoiled ruins and watched several experienced dwarf warriors die at the hands of filthy trolls.

He does however, offer his services as a cleric of Torag to the Baron and his lands.
Last edited by silverfoxdmt73 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:49 pm

"Sir Lem," Cal says, offering his hand. "Good to see you doing so well. I'm sorry to have lost you, but our loss is clearly Tatzlford's gain. Best wishes to you and your soon-to-be bride."

"I'm afraid we come with some dangerous warnings, however," he adds after a moment. "Trolls invading to the south. We stopped a burgeoning outpost of them four day's travel south of here. Hopefully we've nipped this problem in the bud. But you never can tell. I'd keep your scouts alert to trouble from the south. And if you do fid more trolls, feel free to ask for help at Stagfall. These sorts of dangers threaten us both."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Aetoron stands with the others, greets Lem and listens to Cal's message. He was always cordial to Lem, but unfortunately his strongest memories of the former Green Marshal are that of distrust in joining the council and taking one of his well placed arrows to the back.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Lem bows back to Ylyndar, "No need to bow, you are the Green Marshal of Caledonia after all. I'm just the Chief Ranger of Tatzlford these days! Its not as glorious maybe, but its no less dangerous. Still out patrolling the wilds then?" He turns from Marshal to Baron and listens. "I've heard the troll rumors, so far we haven't seen any in the area, but travelers have mentioned it. I'll be sure to pass along any information we find. There are a handful of us Rangers in Tatzlford, not as many as in Stagfall, but we have some."

He nods to Aetoron, and then shakes hands with Garuk and Daladek, "Still picking up strays I see Cal. Pleased to meet you both, name's Lem, used to be the Green Marshal in Caledonia, one of the founding members of your little Barony."

He turns back to Cal, "You'll have to meet her Cal, she's a wonderful woman, beautiful, strong, smart, and man can she cook. Might even put Svetlana to the test! We've had to postpone the wedding a few months, but you can bet you'll be getting an invitation, some time in next month. Was going to ask you about that, was hoping we could do it at the Temple of Erastil, and have Valen preform the nuptials. I have a letter of to him, but asking the boss man never hurts."