Book 2: Act 4 - The Southern Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Gazran 6th: Breakfast

Post by Eilandor » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Aetoron awakes refreshed, both from the hot bath and full nights rest that Tatzlford has allowed them. He is eager for a nice breakfast, but more eager to be on their way and return home for a spell.

Keeping it to himself that Lem had done well for himself, "Nice to make your acquaintance, Idagrace."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:45 pm

"A pleasure to finally meet you," Cal says with a formal bow to the halfling woman. "Lem has spoken glowingly of you. My eyes show that he wasn't exaggerating about your beauty. And my nose ..." He sniffs a moment. "If my nose does not deceive me, he was telling the truth about your cooking skills as well."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:00 pm

She almost blushes at Calanthir's comments, but not quite. "What nice things for a Baron to say. Come sit." She smiles at Aetoron and returns the greeting, "A pleasure to meet you as well Aetoron. I've heard alot about you, but I can already tell half of it isn't true." She punches Lem in the shoulder as she walks past him to the table, "He looks perfectly nice to me Lem."

Lem shrugs is anyone calls him on that and motions at the table, "Come on in, sit, let's eat."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:39 pm

Ylyndar smiles at Idagrace before sitting. "This all looks lovely."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:34 am

At Lem's suggestion to eat, Garuk perks up. "You don't have to ask me twice!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:43 pm

The group heads to the table and finds its filled with a spread rarely seen in these parts. Clearly Lem and Idagrace have pulled out all the stops. Eggs, three different kinds, bacon, cheeses, toast with jam and jelly, oatmeal with cinnamon, hot mulled cider, country fried steak with mushroom crust, butter for everything, fresh milk both goat and cow, sausages, ham steaks and honey cakes with whipped cream, plus pancakes and waffles, all sit waiting for you.

Lem smiles at his wife to be, "Dear, I asked you to put the good stuff out for our guests."

She winks back, "Oh I'm sorry dear, I must have not heard you."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:41 pm

Aetoron doesn't hesitate to sample all three styles of eggs, as well as some bacon and for good measure a taste of everything else. He smirks at Lem and Idagrace's brief exchange and is pleased that he himself still enjoys the adventurous life. Perhaps there will be a time when Kiri and he have similar dialogue, but not for some time.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:40 pm

"It's a meal fit for a king," Cal says. "Or at least a baron." He gives Idagrace a wink. "And after days of trail rations it's a gift from the gods." Then he tucks in for some proper breakfast. As he eats he muses that Lem is fortunate to marry for love. Once the time comes, he'll have to have a political marriage. The best he allows himself to hope for is that he marries someone he can get along with.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Gazran 8th: Stagfall

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Breakfast is filling, and wonderful, and Lem is right, Isagrace is going to give Svetlana a run for her money in the kitchen. It would be a fine thing to be a judge at a cook off between the two women. You get the feeling however that Lem's wife to be is more than just a cook, and if you insulted her food she might stick a shiv in your belly to take the food back. She seems perfect for Lem.

Eventually breakfast is over and you must part ways, you need to return to Stagfall. So with handshakes and farewells you part with Lem and Idagrace. On the edge of town the Rezbins at there to say farewell and thank you for the help you offered Tatzlford during its first few months. Loy is particularly humble and invites you back, and speaks of trade and continued friendship. You mount up and take to the road once more. Its a two day ride through the woods back to Caledonia. You emerge in the middle reaches of the barony, and set to the road which speeds your return. Its the 8th of Gazran when you ride into Stagfall.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Gazran 8th: Stagfall

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Back in Stagfall, Cal heads straight to the castle. There are patrols to arrange, supplies to arrange retrieval of, explorations to report, and no doubt a pile of paperwork waiting for him. These forays into the woods were relaxing - at least when there weren't trolls about - but they did mean more work on his return. And if he didn't miss his guess, the sketches for the new town hall should be ready. They were ready to break ground on that soon.
Ready to do some more kingdom building.