Book 2: Act 4 - The Southern Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Troll Lair: Watchtower: Troll Round 1

Post by Othniel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Moving swiftly up the stairs, Garuk lunges at the troll with his falchion.
Move up to the troll, swift action bane (troll), and attack.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Troll Lair: Watchtower: Victory

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Garuk charges up the stairs and leaps under the swing of the last troll. As his falchion flares to life with a bane power he hacks down into the beast. His blow takes the arm from the troll which sprays blood all over the floor and does not stop! The acid working its way through the troll prevents the regeneration of the creature and it topples over and bleeds for a while before it dies!

Thank Erastil or Torag or whomever you worship, the last of the trolls is dead.
Garuk: Move [AoO: 16 Miss], Bane Troll: 23 Hit for 13 + 10 Bane = 23 = DEAD (no regen cause of acid this round)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:37 pm

"Erastil and Torag be praised," Cal says with a breath of relief. "Now we can get about heading back to Stagfall with warnings of troll incursions."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Ylyndar takes a quick look around the room for anything notable of worth before storing his bow on his back and heading back down out of this filthy tower.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Ylyndar takes a look around the top of the tower, its actually open to the air, the watchtower has no roof. From here one can see all around the region, a commanding view of the trail you took up. As Cal is speaking Corwin flies down and lands on the battlement with a caw-caw, happy to see its master.

The troll has nothing of worth on it, save for its spilling blood, which reminds someone of a wanted poster they saw back in Stagfall.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:32 pm

Ylyndar is about to take a step down the stairs and remembers the wanted poster for Troll Blood. He does an about face and looks to the others. "Does anyone have anything to collect this blood with? I have a pot but it is in my packs on Nightbreeze."
Last edited by AdamDaBomb11 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:37 pm

"I'm sure I have an empty wineskin here somewhere." Daladek replies.

He looks off into the wild country from the top of the tower before shaking his head solemnly. "It has been too long since Dwarves in any number mined these lands."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Aetoron sheathes his sword, then bends over and reclaims his mace from the floor before it is even more sullied by the flowing troll blood. Wincing at every step, "Having never dislocated anything, I fear this is what it both looks and feels like. Anyone have experience in putting arms back in their rightful place?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:23 am

"I've got some basic first aid skills, but...perhaps the cleric?" Garuk offers.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:07 pm

Looking over to Aetoron, the white haired dwarf nods his head. "I can but try."
If there is no specific spell or use of Medicine, I can use my Channel Energy ability a couple of times to get everyone up to full health.