Book 2 - Act 5: Rivers Run Red

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Kuthona 3, A Wild Venture

Post by Eilandor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Aetoron carefully lays out one of the maps they received from Jubilost. Pointing with his finger, "We could head due south and cross the Little Sellen River at Old Ferry Station. From there we can push west until reaching the edges of the southern Narlmarches." Looking at the others, "From there we can enter the forest and start our hunt."
South to J6 (Old Ferry Station)
West to J5 (Edge of Forest) and J4 (Into Forest)

Thoughts?
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Ylyndar looks at the map and Aetoron's directions. "That could work. It would allow us to bypass the slow travel of the Narlmarshes. According to my scouts, the Drake is located somewhere east or maybe south east of the Troll lair."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 am

"You have me quite convinced," Cal replies. "Let's make plans for an expedition. But you won't mind if I arrange for some boats to meet us at the end of our journey, will you? We can either use them to cross to the island with Candlemere Keep, or simply use them to return to Stagfall via water."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:41 pm

Aetoron smiles and looks up from the map, "And that Cal, is why you lead us. I would have ventured out, completely neglecting a means of passage to the tower's island until looking upon it from the waters shore."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Its settled then. You will venture south to the old crossing mentioned on Jublilost's map, and search for the Drake there, making your way west until you either find it or run out of energy. Cal arranges to have two row boats brought down the lakes and left on the shores for you to find and use later on to get to the Isle of Candlemere, and to row home in.

So you ready your supplies, pick up last minute items, and are packed and ready by morning. It feels good to be heading out again into the wilds, and as the cool air blows off the lake you look back at Stagfall and its rising castle, and towering cathedral and marvel at what you've built out of nothing.

You just hope it looks the same when you return home....
Chapter End! I'll start a new one up shortly.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring