Book 2 - Act 5: Rivers Run Red

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Trogdor » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Cal keeps up his side of the conversation, telling some amusing stories of the travels he and his companions have had in the wilds, and revealing a bit about his youth in the River KIngdoms. As he does so, he enjoys two pieces of Svetlana's wonderful pie - a single piece would be an insult to her baking. In the end he gives a shrug of helplessness to Oleg, but comments no more on the situation.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:06 am

Ylyndar returns the nod with a slight bow. He then sits back comfortably and watches the show with a smile on his lips.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Oleg shrugs back, "Well, times up. Party is over, time to go see Smithson. Ready?" He motions for you to follow. He turns and heads off across the growing town. He leads you to a fine looking structure, it has a chimney for a forge, and a fine front end for sales. The man inside is a tinker, and makes and trades in all sorts of things that locals could want, including gear for war, adventure, and general exploration. You might guess a few of things could be magical in nature, if not, they are clearly of masterwork quality. Arnleik Smithson however isn't present at the moment.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:37 pm

"A fine shop," Cal says once he gets a look at it. "You're really building Leveton up into something special."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:09 pm

Ylyndar makes his rounds of the shop, perusing the wares. "Normally a shopkeep goes with a shop, no?" He then raises his voice a bit. "Is there anyone in here?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm

"Of course no one is inside! I'm standing right behind you!"

The voice is proud and haughty, and there is Arnleik Smithson. He wears a fine hat atop his head. His features are strong and bold, his eyes filled with arrogance, and he does not smile. "Which one of you is Duke Calanthir, I wish to congratulate him on his wisdom in his choice to grant me my desires here in Levetion."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Cal steps forward. "I'm the duke," he says with a nod of his head and an offer of his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Smithson. I look forward to seeing your shop thrive in the months and years to come."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:16 pm

"Greetings Duke, a pleasure." He shakes hands, but seems less than impressed with Calanthir. I thought he would be taller.

"Well, care for a tour? I'm sure you do, so come!" He heads inside and shows you around the show room, there are all manner of things present. Some weapons and armor, but other items for hunters and adventurers, and locals too. One very important item you notice is an array of glass bottles and vials perfect for potions and the like. Rare indeed. Also you see a compass, and magnifying lenses, a telescope, hour glasses, and a large device that seems to be keeping time -- a water clock!

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Othniel » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Remaining silent during the remainder of the meal, the half-orc inquisitor devoured his share of the scrumptious food. When time comes to see the shop, Garuk follows quietly, though he lingers near the hunting gear. "Quite the selection of gear," he mumbles, sounding pleased.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Cal maintains his composure throughout the meeting. A duke does not allow himself to be cowed by a simple merchant, after all.

"That's quite a stock you have," he says after the tour is complete. "I have to say that I might be interested in the clock for Stagfall Castle."