Book 2 - Act 5: Rivers Run Red

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Kuthona 1, Cathedral Grand Opening

Post by Othniel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Garuk enjoys the opening ceremony of the cathedral, and notes that he plans on spending some of his downtime inside when the group is at home. "Sort of a second home, if you will, though the wilderness ever calls to me."

"Bah, Fey," Garuk grumbles later after hearing about the attacks, "We'll have to increase the patrols and guards on the roads. Annoying, flighty creatures. I wonder what's agitating them."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:17 pm

The duke listens reverently as Cardinal Valen dedicates the cathedral to Erastil. A follower of Old Deadeye, Cal is more than pleased to see the cathedral completed. But he knows that Erastil is by no means the only god worshipped in Caladonia. He, himself, pays homage to a half a dozen other gods and goddesses after Erastil. Now was the time for him to praise his patron deity, but let the world know that the duchy was no theocracy.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen," he says, stepping up to the podium. "I'm pleased to see so many people here for the dedication of this cathedral to Erastil. For though we bring civilization to these wild lands, we shall never forget that we are the newcomers and that the untamed wilderness was here before us. This cathedral shows our devotion and dediction to the old ways, and represents a promise that the people of Caledonia will respect the wilds within the duchy, and will not destroy them as so many others have in a mad desire for so-called civilization."

"But I also wish to assure all of you that this cathedral represents more than just a devotion to Erastil. It also represents this duchy's dedication to all of the good gods of Golarion, for following this cathedral will come temples and shrines to other gods. Erastil may be the patron of Caledonia, but he is not alone in or hearts. Desna and Abadar; Pharasma and Cayden Cailean; Findeladlara and Torag. These and other gods stand beside Erastil in protecting our lands."

"Erastil is our patron, and we shall not forget him. We praise him and honor greatly him with this magnificent cathedral. But it is our devotion to all of the good gods that will see us through any troubles that come. So yes, join me in praising Erastil in the highest. Let us ask Old Deadeye to look over us and preserve us. But let this occasion also be a time to display our piety to all the gods and goddesses that watch over Caledonia and keep us safe."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Ylyndar stands close by, keeping a watch over the crowd. Religious matters tend to bring the best as well as the worst out of people. His eyes are on the possibility of the latter.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:13 pm

Aetoron is wrapped in heavier attire on this day as the colder winds of the winter season have arrived. As Cal talks of unity with the land and devotion to a plethora of gods, Aetoron is admiring the engineering accomplishment, that is their new cathedral. Looking up to its peak as if a newcomer to city with massive structures, he is in awe for a brief time. As Cal reaches the end of his speech, Aetoron begins to clap in hopes that it will spur everyone else to follow.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:35 pm

The clapping begins and lasts a good long while.

Valen steps forward, "And now I welcome everyone inside for the first service."

The cathedral then fills up. Nobles and important persons are seated in the front pews, and the entire place is packed, its standing room only in the back as you fit as many people as possible into the place.

Valen begins the service, which lasts well over an hour as the heat rises, and the prayers and songs go on and on. Eventually he service ends, and everyone slowly filters out the back and sides. You find the council gathered near the front speaking and shaking hands and giving each other pats on the back for a job well done in this marvel of construction.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Aetoron is gathered with the others from the council as he clasps hands with Valen. "It was a nice service, well stated. I'm curious though, something you said in your sermon. All will be forgiven?" Stepping back, he smiles with a sense of relief for various past transgressions.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Valen looks at Aetoron, "Only for those truly repentant, and that means you are out of luck Aetoron."

The straight face he's holding lasts just long enough to create doubt in your mind before you see the corner of his mouth curl up unable to hold back the smirk forever.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Aetoron point a finger at himself, "Those Kobold's took advantage of me!" After a good laugh, Caledonia's spymaster takes advantage of the group being together to inquire as to what might be next for them as the celebration winds down.

"I'm curious as to what may be next for us. A few things come to mind that are currently unresolved. Lily is still asking for the sap of a Shambling Mound to use for some various medicines. There is also the Forest Drake some are mistaking as a Dragon, wandering the Narlmarches. I suppose if we're really feeling adventurous, there is the old tower on Candlemere Island."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Valen nearly spits on Aetoron, "I had nearly forgotten about that! I believe you rather enjoyed it." He pats the Minister on the shoulder, "Don't worry we all have things we aren't proud of. Nothing as bad as that mind you, but still some things." He lets the subject change.

"I'll be staying here now, so what ever you decide I think it will be fine. If it was me however, I would inspect the areas to the south east of town, try and get a good picture of the whole southern expanse. Then again, perhaps that castle might shed some light on the region and give us a new strong hold?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:33 pm

"Let us not forget the giant," Garuk reminds them. "Unless he's wandered off on his own?"