Book 2 - Act 5: Rivers Run Red

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Kuthona 1, Cathedral Grand Opening

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:27 pm

Cal stays in the courtyard outside the cathedral for a long time, chatting with the people of Stagfall, shaking hands, and keeping his finger on the pulse of the duchy. Once the crowds thin out, he makes his way to the members of the High Council.

"That was all well done," he says. "Well done indeed."

Then, when talk moves to future plans, he nods his head at Aetoron's comments. "I'd been thinking that Candlemere Island was worth investigating," he says. And then whatever we can see in the area around the island."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:35 pm

"I'd be up for killing a Drake. I have to test my new blade out on something." When Candlemere Tower is brought up, "Oh yes. I've seen that tower in passing a couple times. Do we know what is at Candlemere Tower? Or what may have been there at one time? That could help us prepare." Ylyndar Says.
Knowledge Checks on Candlemere Tower.
-Specifically Local, to maybe remember any rumors I heard about Candlemere Tower.
"I have heard some rumors that Candlemere Tower is haunted. Little glowing balls of light that dance on the water, or something along those lines. If we are expecting to be headed that way, we should find some more concrete evidence of what might live there. Doesn't hurt to be prepared."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 pm

"Not at all," Cal replies. "Let's see what we can learn before we set out."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Ylyndar stands up and moves to the window that faces the Tuskwater and Candlemere Tower. "While we come up with a plan of attack for Candlemere, perhaps taking a trip out to see this Drake would be beneficial. It seems whatever is in that tower is staying there. The Drake is causing trouble now, and it would be irresponsible for us to leave a known threat wandering around. If it kills someone now that we know about it, those deaths would be on us for not acting quickly enough."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:08 pm

"Understandable," Cal replies. "Do you know where the drake is? We could spend a long time looking for it with no luck. And we have no way of knowing that whatever is in Candlemere isn't a threat too." He shrugs. "We have decisions to make and no good answers."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Kuthona 3, A Wild Venture

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:03 pm

The festivities of the new cathedral come to a close, and you are already planning your next venture. Some things will have to be settled first so you don't plan to leave for two more days. During the next two days you make sure your adventuring gear is in good shape, its been nearly three months since you set foot on the road after all. Finishing up some edicts, scouting reports, guard rotation rosters, making contact with informants and other matters of state you are once more outfitted for a trek into the wild.

Where is the question. Last night, over a few mugs of stout, you plotted your intended course. So now you are just going over it one last time. "So let's go over it once more..." someone says.
Okay where to first? A boat to Candlemere? Then you and head south or east into unexplored lands?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:15 pm

"Drake sounds like the greater threat," Garuk offers, "And a good challenge to test ourselves against."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Ylyndar nods with Garuk. "While I don't dismiss the potential danger that could be Candlemere Tower, the Drake is causing problems now."
Ylyndar is going to sell his old curve blade. Its base value is 2350gp I believe. I am going to count selling as 50% for now unless you say otherwise.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Aetoron chimes in, "I think we can all agree that as we perceive it now, the Drake is a more immediate threat than the tower. So let's go hunt a Drake and depending on how that goes, make our way to the tower afterwards."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Cal holds his hands up on defeat. "I can see when I'm being ganged up on," he says. "The drake it is. We'll go hunting for the drake. Do you have a feeling for where we should go looking for it?
Anyone want to propose what hexes we should investigate?