Book 2 - Act 5: Rivers Run Red

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:20 pm

"Excellent, I believe I would muster up some free shipping for you, if you ordered a few other items as well. I guarantee on time delivery within the bounds of Caledonia, and your items will arrive in perfect condition."

He shows you around some more, Oleg does his best to not roll his eyes when the man speaks, or at least not that he can see. You are certain Oleg finds the man annoying, but necessary.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:58 pm

Ylyndar trails the others slowly. He casually looks over the various wares as he listens silently.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:33 pm

"Well then, let me see what else I need," Cal replies as he looks around the shop. For all that the man was a boor, he did have a good shop, and there were numerous things in it that he, or more properly, the castle, could use.
Maybe I could sign up for Amazon Prime and always get free shipping. ;-)

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Eilandor » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Aetoron gives the water clock a close inspection, "A fine piece of technology." As Cal is pondering what else they can find as to grant them free shipment back to Stagfall, "Cal, perhaps something for Fimelola?" He can't help but to follow that with a smile.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Cal smiles back. "Ah, but she's staying here," he notes wryly. "No need to ship anything for her down south."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Oleg chimes in, "Oh for Erastil's Sake, you won't change the Duke for shipping, or he can just levy a night shipment tax on you!" Oleg's patience for this man only goes so far.

The rest of the day is a gentle one, shopping, dinner, matchmaking. The Warden and Marshal take the opportunity to explore the defense of Leveton and the surrounding area. You could even visit Bokken if you wanted to see about some potions. Work doesn't allow you to stay more than a day, and you'll be heading out for home tomorrow. The Cathedral is nearly finished.
I'll post tomorrow, and we can get this cathedral built and finished, then you get back out on the 'road' adventuring.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Ylyndar takes this opportunity in Leveton to meet with his more northern scouts about things that may be happening around this area. He also walks with Garuk to ensure the defenses are up to par. "Perhaps a couple of forward scouting towers could be useful. One to the East and the other to the West. Just to make sure all sides are covered. We may not be that far from Leveton but if something begins an assault here, it may take us too long to respond. The forwards scouting towers may give us the chance to act before hand. Definitely something worth thinking about, at the very least."
Just a little side remark. You can post what you were planning to tomorrow.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Lamashan 17th, Leveton

Post by Eilandor » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Knowing their stay will be short, Aetoron slips away and heads over to the library. As he enters he introduces himself to the librarian, "Hello, I'm not sure we've met? I'm Aetoron, councilman from Stagfall." He immediately begins to walk every isle in search of tomes he does not have access to back home. He stops when he eyes an interesting title there happens to be two copies of, The Case Against Expansion: Spreading Oneself Too Thin. Calling out, "Would you mind if I borrowed this here book, you have duplicate copies?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Final Preparations for the Cathedral

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:25 pm

The Marshal and the Warden talk tactics, scout towers, guard rotations, ranger patrols. This far north you never know what dangers could come out of the wild from the west, or even Brevoy to the east -- though you doubt very much the Swordlords who helped found you would suddenly turn on you.

Aetoron visits the new library, and checks out a book, normally this would not be allowed, but he's the Minister of Internal Affairs after all, so its okay. The time in Leveton finally comes to an end, with some pleasant times for all, especially Fimelola and Calanthir.

You can't spend too long in Leveton however, the Cathedral is nearing completion and you must be in Stagfall for that. So the council leaves the next day, after some more good food with Svetlana, and a promise from Oleg and her to be at the christening. In fact everyone has been asked to join, on the way home you detour to the Temple of Erastil and make final plans with Valen the High Cardinal for just this occasion. You help him ready his supplies, for he will be moving from the far flung Temple to the Cathedral and Jhod will remain at the Temple to keep it open for pilgrims and visitors.

So you are eventually home, and tomorrow is the day...
I'm going to work on Turn 27 now. But you can post in the mean time if you like, then I'll come back here for the

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Kuthona 1, Cathedral Grand Opening

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:25 pm

It is the first day of Kuthona and its finally come to pass, the great Cathedral is finally finished. The entire town of Stagfall has come out it seems. The Council is present, from Akiros, to Oleg or Valen of course. The front door is closed, and a red ribbon is hung across it. People are gathered enmass before the steps waiting to head inside after the final dedication. The winter has come, and its cold out, and the wind blows, today, the first day of the month shall be remembered.
Image For the last half hour Cardinal Valen has stood before the doors and the crowd preaching, a dedication to Erastil, a prayer for good fortune, of community, of new hopes and new beginnings. So many pilgrims from around the duchy have been traveling that word has come to Ylyndar that the Fey of the woods have been getting agitated, and several travelers were waylayed on their way here. A small contingent from Tatzleford, lead by Lem, was actually attacked by the Fey but Lem remembered his old training and drove them off. Similar events have been happening here and there along the roads however and Warden Grask will have to see about setting patrols to guard things before the pilgrims make their return trips -- or more trouble might arise.

Now however Valen is finishing his benediction and will turn the ceremony over to the Duke.

"We return thanks to Erastil, the hunter, which sustains us. We return thanks to the rivers and streams, which supply us with water. We return thanks to all herbs, which furnish medicines for the cure of our diseases. We return thanks to the corn, and to her sisters, the beans and squash, which give us life. We return thanks to the bushes and trees, which provide us with fruit. We return thanks to the wind, which, moving the air, has banished diseases. We return thanks to the moon and the stars, which have given us their light when the sun was gone. We return thanks to our grandfather Erastil, who has given to us his keen eye. We return thanks to the sun, that he has looked upon the earth with a beneficent eye. We return thanks to the Erastil. In whom is embodied all goodness, and who directs all things, for the good of his children."

The crowd is silent as Calanthir takes the podium.