Book 2 - Act 6: Southern Narlmarches

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Abadius 10th: Winter

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Garuk smacks Aeotron on the shoulder, "Absolutely not! Are you mad!"

The Inquisitor never had had a great sense of humor and doesn't realize the half elf might be joking.

"I have been speaking to Greenbottle, and Shitk about this, they seem to think there is one way to remove it, a high level spell. Now I tend to agree, unfortunately no one in Caledonia has the power to do this. So.." he walks over to a table and takes up a glass of wine and drinks it down," ...my plan is to head east to Varnhold, word from Akiros..." he motions at the man, "...is that their High Priest should be able to cast the needed spell. I could do to Brevoy, but I don't like the idea of depending on them for much of anything, not with how our Charter is written."

He grumbles a bit more, "My plan is then to stick around till winter breaks, then head east and get this taken care of. I'm sure you can manage things here without me for the few months I'll be gone. I know its bad timing with Sveltana's news, but the kingdom will survive till I get back, or it damn well better!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:01 pm

"Not to worry, Oleg," Cal replies. "We'll certainly miss Svetlana's incisive observations during council meetings, but I understand that family comes first. We'll muddle through without her, though she'll be hard to replace."

"As for the ring," he adds, turning his attention to Garuk, "you do what you have to do to get the ring off. We can wait. We'll have to appoint a deputy to your position while you're gone. But that'll only be until you manage to get things settled."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Garuk grunts, "Right. I'm not going far in this weather, cursed ring or not." He holds his hand out looking at the ring. I'll see if I can find someone to do my job in the mean time, speaking of. We need to talk about equipment, some of my men need new blades and armor. I understand we have some in the armory, and when I say we, I mean personally our little venture crew." He points around at himself, Aetoron, Ylylndar and Calanthir. "Let's put this stuff to use. Oleg the treasury can handle some new purchases right? I'll sell my share at half market price to get these men properly equiped."

Oleg nods, "We sure do, now let's see where we can make some sound choices." Oleg and Garuk fall to talking business.

So its Akiros that brings up the next topic for the rest of you. "Let me tell you about this young half elf woman I met in Rostov on my last venture up there. Earnest, honest and idealistic she's fallen on some hard time. When I was there last however she helped me sort of a bit of trouble I had with unscrupulous Custom Agents that were trying to blackmail me, and our trade caravans that head that way. She's fallen on some hard time, her parents were recently executed for murder, something to due with old ties to Cheliax and the devil worship that goes on there. Now she wasn't implicated or caught up in the mess, save by association by birth. I found her to be provocative, but almost incorruptible. She's looking for a new start, and what better place than here?" He continues on, "I took it on myself to invite her to join us in Stagfall, but I also managed to use the whole mess with her gentry parents to work in a few favors, in our favor with the other nobles that want the memory of her family gone from there. I think she could prove to be a nice asset to your little Venture Crew when you head out of town, and who knows maybe something else eventually too. Her name is Nimiriel Lothrandis."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm

"I trust your judgement, Akiros," Cal replies. "If you think she's trustworthy and competent, I'm willing to give her a chance. And I won't hold her parents' choices against her. Let's bring her in and if we all get along, then she'll be a welcome addition to our expedition force."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:30 pm

"I have sent an invite to her in Rostov, it may take her a few weeks to arrive in this weather. I think she will make a fine addition." He then produces some papers, "On that matter of Rostov, and Brevoy, they have sent me along with some requests and papers about our Charter we need to speak about. They have been leaving us alone mostly, but they are our patrons after all. We should sit and go through some of this. I've done what I can to keep them off our backs and leave us to our independence, but I suggest some shows of good faith in the coming months might go a long way to keeping up this diplomatic deal we have with them."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:46 pm

As long as she doesn't snore as loudly as Garuk, I welcome the addition. Ylyndar pats Garuk on the shoulder and smiles.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:59 pm

"BRevoy has been relatively hands-off lately, which has been great for us," Cal replies with a nod. "What kind of a gesture of good faith were you thinking of. I agree that we'd do well to show them our appreciation."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Abadius 10th: Winter - The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm

"Well I have some idea when it comes to ambassadors, trade, and a few minor request. Trouble is tensions are starting to rise between northern Brevoy and Rostland's interested down this way. We have to tip toe. I have heard some rumblings of trouble with the Nomen Centaurs. I'll reach out to my contacts and see what else I can dig up. For the time being, take a look at these...."

He puts out some rather mundane political inquires, taxation and traffic papers, and more bureaucratic matters.
I think this is a decent place to end the RP. I'll start up the next chapter of Kingdom Building, plan on another year-ish (give or take) period of time to Build