Book 2 - Act 6: Southern Narlmarches

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

All Hail the Protectors of Stagfall!

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:38 am

Once back in Stagfall, Ylyndar immediately sees to his duties as Marshal. It is only once all his work is done that he takes any time to rest. With everything that has been going on lately, Ylyndar hasn't had much time to think about personal goals. He also takes a trip to Boum Shtik to see how he is adjusting.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Aetoron is elated at the sight of home and the warm welcome only embellishes the feeling. He wastes no time in seeking out Kiri, informing her of their findings. After a time, he in turn visits his informants at the library, graveyard and smithy to get the pulse of things while they were away. Finally he makes his way to the castle to convene with council as to their next move.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:40 pm

For Cal a return to Stagfall is a return to regular work, primarily redirecting the rebuilding efforts, though there are some memorials to attend and the regular administration that keeps the duchy going. Through it all he tries to keep cheerful, setting an example for the people he rules.
I'll try and post a proposed new month today.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Abadius 10th: Winter

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 pm

This sort of scene can end up dragging so I'm going to take some liberties.
The return of the group to Stagfall is a happy day, and the people come out and take up the Owlbear's head and have an impromptu parade around town with it. It lifts the spirits of some, but others, who lost much to the assault skulk on the side, and are only more angered by things by seeing this display. Eventually the four heroes retire to their normal duties.

Over the course of the next few days....

The Duke gathers to him the workers and planning folks to get things rebuilt and to assess the damages and repair efforts. His focus is on that, and in getting that Owlbear head stuffed and mounted in the throne room of the castle. There is talk of building a monument to the fallen from the attack, a statue of the defeated beast that would be a remembrance of the event and a reminder to stay vigilant.

The Spymaster circles his contacts where he can, Kiri is grateful to see him, and during one of the evening interludes she seduces Aetoron and the pair spend the night together. He learns that the old mayor has been stirring up some trouble, he's so filled with doubt and anger now at the lost of his family that he's taking it out on the council. Something will have to be done about him before he causes any unrest among the people.

The Green Marshal has a few issues to deal with, first is checking on his rangers, but the second is to finally resolve the Forest Drake wanted poster. You had brought back that head as well, and it was being stuffed, and now that the taxedermist is finished its put up in the throne room as well. The coffers of the kingdom, and those that put a bounty on it pay out and while it seems odd that you collect your own bounty, it is paid out from Oleg as the Treasurer, so its all above board. He checks in on Boum to find the man settled in perfectly, and busy with work.
You guys never really resolved this

Garuk's return is met with a letter from and old friend. After receiving the mail he seems subdued and withdrawn. The inquisitor ends up visiting Greenbottle's Herbalist several times, and after one of the trips leaves Stagfall and rides south alone. He isn't seen for nearly a week, but when he returns he has a large oil skin sack filled with goo. The remains of the shambling mound you had killed are turned into Greenbottle, and a trade for it is made. Garuk turns in a share of it, but remains preoccupied with personally matters.
You also forgot about this, likely cause of PbP timing issues

So a fortnight after the death of the Owlbear you find yourselves gathered during a dinner, the Owlbear's head, now stuffed and ready, is being put up on the wall of the throne room as you drink your wine and chat about things around town in an informal council meeting. Oleg is there, come south from Leveton along with Akiros Ismort your grand diplomat. Its snowing outside, but the fire roars and is nice and warm inside the castle.
Abadius is January
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Aetoron glances outside the small window of his quarters and sees that it is snowing out. Letting out an audible sigh, he closes the shudder and withdraws a more appropriate cloak for the season. Putting another log on the fire, he exits his quarters and reconvenes with the council. Unaware, or perhaps forgetting that Oleg was traveling south and with Akiros no less, he is surprised to see them both. Taking a seat, the spymaster pours himself a goblet of wine, "Oleg, Akiros, nice to see you. I hope your journey here was without issue. How are things in Leveton?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Oleg greets Aetoron with a smile, "Cold! Its damn cold in Leveton, but we are managing." He walks over to stand near the fire, eyes up on the Owlbear head as its mounted. "Fine beast there, a shame it had to be slain, but from what you tell me there was no other option. Now now, don't get me wrong, I'm not tree-hugging pixie, but I can admire a great beast's strengths." He rubs his hands, "Svetlana has asked after things here, and I have some matters to speak to on her behalf." You do notice his wife hasn't been to Stagfall for a time.

He inhales and beams, his face just beams, "She's with child, our first!" Patting his belly in case you didn't understand. "As a result, she's not going to be in any shape to make the trip or preform her duties on the council any more. I'm as enlightened as the next man, but no pregnant wife of mine is traveling in the winter back and forth, and the mother of my child isn't going to have time for matters of state."

Akrios walks over, "Let me be the first to congratulate you Oleg. I'm not sure kids are in my future, but you and Svetlana will make fine parents, or at least she will." Both men laugh at the joke.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 am

Ylyndar raises a toast to the new Father and lets everyone have their chance to congratulate the man, even himself, before turning the conversation to the obvious. "Well with Svatlana unable to hold the position of councillor, do we have any promising candadites for the position? It will take more than slaying the Owlbear to return the people's spirits to where they once were."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:51 pm

"Quite right, quite right," Cal replies. "Icy roads and winter conditions are not what you want for an expectant mother. But don't smother her, Oleg. She's a capable woman. She'll know when to pull back from her duties. And whatever accommodations we need to make, it will be our pleasure."

"As for her being unable to perform her duties, why most of her duties these days take place up in Leveton. She'll do just fine for a few months, even a year, staying up there and corresponding here by letter." He pauses and gives Oleg a look. "That is, unless she wants to step down from her position to focus on your family. In that case, we can certainly accommodate whatever you two need."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Oleg is a traditional sort of man when it comes to some things, "You already came into my peaceful little part of the world and set up a gods damned duchy! Then you went and turned me from simple trading post merchant into the Treasurer for a whole country, and my wife became a council member. Now, I'm going to have a son, or a daughter, and I need some normalcy. You have two months to find a replacement Duke. I know it will be hard to do, she's one hell of a woman, and when the lad is grown perhaps she'll resume her duties, but no wife of mine is going to split her time between child and work. You might be the Duke, but I am her husband, and that trumps everything." He puts his hands on his hips, he seems a bit hot, but there is a good nature to it all, not malice or anger.

Garuk shakes his head with a snarl "Now that that is settled, cause Calanthir, its settled I think. We have the matter of this Ring to speak of." He holds his hand out for everyone to see.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Aetoron tilts his head with curiosity as he looks at the ring on Garuk's finger. Smiling, "I suppose as a last resort you could get along with only four fingers."