Book 3: Act 1 - The Stuff of Legends

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Lamashan 8 (Autumn): Potter

Post by Graven » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Arenhal keeps his rapier in hand, slowly approaching with soft steps, "Whoever's home this is didn't just disappear, unlike the rest of the town."
Checking for all the traps and threats
Perception +16, +18 vs traps
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Moving to the yard the bard notices more destruction and out there some foot prints in the mud and dirt. Its a mix of small and very large feet -- more Spriggans if you had to guess. Arenhal checks inside, the place is a mess. There are smashed pieces of pottery everyplace, as if someone just was throwing a tantrum. Arenhal notices among the mess a small hidden door, the cracks of it outlined by pottery dust.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm

A silent hand rises, as the other points to the trap door. Arenhal begins moving any debris covering the hatch as quietly as possible, pairing that with a questioning look.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:58 pm

"Anything could be there," Nimiriel suggests quietly. "Or nothing. Take care."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:13 am

The half elf glances at her, "Counsellor, I'm always careful, didn't Cal tell you?" He inspects the door, looking for telltale signs of traps, then gets ready to open it while standing off to the side.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2020 3:07 pm

The door seems safe enough to open, and opening it up Arenhal finds it only leads into a small storage space, not very large. Nestled in a cushioning bed of straw is an elegant set of flagons and platters all hand crafted by a master artisan chased in platinum. Its a set worthy of a king (or baron). A small card with it says, "Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding Nuptials Princess Surtova of Brevoy". You appraise it worth around 300 gold.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Fri May 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Arenhal spits to the side, disgust obvious on his face. He turns and heads to the door.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2020 5:19 am

The bard has stayed outside in the yard, looking at the footprints. When he sees the others come out, he nods grimly. "These seem to be scavengers and opportunists, if the eyes can be trusted. Perhaps local tribes that annoyed the town, but now that it has up and vanished they're looting for all they're worth." Arent looks back to the hurried tracks. "Anyone else have any theories?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue May 05, 2020 3:27 am

"A few. I strongly suspect something to do with centaurs," Nimiriel answers. "But we should complete our search."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Wed May 06, 2020 6:59 pm

In an obviously foul mood, Arenhal takes a moment in the sun, "Whether humanoid tribes, centaurs, or something else, we need to keep searching." He looks at the others, an almost smile on his face, "Otherwise, the Duke will just send us back out again to find out." He shakes his head.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale