Book 3: Act 1 - The Stuff of Legends

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Lamashan 8 (Autumn): Livery & Blacksmith

Post by Graven » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Stepping forward, Arenhal offers his arm, "Steady, we'll make sure you don't walk into anything." He glances around for a long stick that can be used sweep for obstructions. "We're almost through with the town, just bad luck to stumble at the end." No blame, just calm and even tones.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:19 am

"Unfortunately, I haven't the spell to fix this, but when we return to the capitol we can purchase a scroll to fix it." Nimiriel's expression is sympathetic. "The question now is do we complete our search or return home now?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:40 am

The bard leans on Arenhal's proffered arm, trying not to grasp too desperately, maintaining some dignity. He looks in Nimiriel's general direction when attempting a conversation. "We complete the search. We won't know for a while how bad the swelling is, and when or if I'll get my eyesight back. For all I know I'll be fine in an hour, or a day. Then we'd have wasted our time leaving and coming back. I may not be able to see, but I'm not totally useless."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:51 pm

I'll allow the spending of a spending of an Action Point to get a reroll on the Blindness check after a day, instead of making it permanent!
The group is seated, tending to Arent, a lone bird remains watching your plight. Only a few buildings remain in the town other than the fort that rises up on the hill that overlooks the town not far to the southwest.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:21 am

"Thanks again for the help. I know we're all in this together, but still. Gratitude all around." For now he has to be led around like a homeless invalid, but he is young and strong. If his eyesight hasn't been fully ruined then he'll heal as quick as is realistic. "Let's get on with it. Please tell me what you're seeing as you see it." He smirks, his humor still intact. "Important stuff, of course. If you keep pointing out every blade of grass I'm going to elbow you in the ribs."
Well the roll said 1d4 (4) days, but yeah. That feels permanent! And yes, I'm willing to spend that Action Point to try to get my vision back sooner.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:42 pm

"Of course," gathering up a longish stick, Arenhal puts it into the bard's hand. "We'll keep you from tripping, but stay behind us, just in case something happens." Pragmatic as always, he looks around at the abandoned town. "This all feels wrong."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:51 am

"It is wrong. A town should be full of life," Nimiriel says, her voice barely above a whisper. "Merchants selling their wares, children running around."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Lamashan 8 (Autumn): Willas Gundarson's House

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Its going to be very difficult with a blind man, but you can't just stop, so with a stick in hand, and a hand on his shoulder you move out to search the rest of Varnhold before heading for the fort at the top of the rise. Two place remain closest is a house that seems shoved into the bank of the rising hill.

A sod house has been dug into the base of the hill. Its heavy oaken door hangs askew. You move into the house with care and find it looted and tossed.

Lying among the debris strewn about by who ever looted it is a small wooden box about the size of a wizard’s spellbook. Lying near it is a book that has been torn in half at the spine. The book is about three-quarters filled with handwriting in Skald—this is a journal. It records career of a man named Willas Gunderson as a ranger in the company of Maegar Varn and includes a description of several skirmishes that occurred between the colonists and a tribe of barbaric centaurs that inhabit the hills east of Varnhold. The journal names the tribe as the Nomen centaurs. The last journal entry is dated approximately 2 weeks now and relates a mundane scouting report of Varnhold Pass.

Arenhal notices a missing page partially torn from the journal. The top of the page is dated 2 months ago and simply says, “Found bracelet by the river.” The rest of the page has been torn away. The next page bears a single large rune inscribed in charcoal, Nimiriel (a good linguist +14) identifies as an archaic Ulfen symbol to ward off bad luck.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm

"This all seems to be of interest," Arenhal puts the book back down before remembering that one of his companions can't read right now, and goes back through the relevant passage. "So did these centaurs drive everyone out of town? Kill them?"
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:52 am

"Maybe? We certainly saw evidence of hostility on both sides. And it appears that this Nomen tribe lives to the east of here, which is nice to know. If it comes down to it we could find them to see if that brings any enlightenment." He pauses. "Of course, we'd need to be smart about it. Having a few dozen centaurs charging at us isn't a recipe for a long life."