Character Generation Discussion

All things OOC about the Honor of the Empress game go in this forum.
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Character Generation Discussion

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 am

Well, MV and I were talking about a recreation of our characters from the Brave New World game. I think it was in your announcement thread to this game. Well it's already some time ago and only a very brief conversation.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 am

Spirit and Steel the kata? Oh, man, kata are so different now.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:57 am

Yeah i introduced the idea of him being a Tamori Shugenja and me being a Mirumoto Bushi and the idea just kind of clicked. I'm really looking forward to the release of 4th ed so we can see if there's still that awesome synergy between dragon clan schools. and not only the cool kata but also the Tamori school's technique was awesome for bushi companions.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 am

Well, there's no shugenja kata, but you can make a warrior-Tamori.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:16 pm

I think that my character might be married. Or is it too odd for a member of the Setai to be married? As much as the 4th Ed. might be changed they're still samurai, right?

@ EM: So why is it a Phoenix Shugenja? The Tamori are a Dragon Clan family.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Haya, this Idea is still fleshing out and we've been trying to make two characters that will make for great rp... Now MV has changed his mind to a Phoenix fire shugenja, and I'm going for a male moshi yojimbo... My Yojimbo serving MV because of a deal made between our fathers during the war of fire and thunder.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm just curious, EM. So... since when do your characters know each other?

Anyway, as far as I understand it, the Sword of Setai are kind reactivated. So it is quite possible that they already know each other, right?

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:08 am

This is what I'm thinking, Isawa Tensai (FIRE). Over time has taken on aspects of his chosen element. My yojimbo will be a busy man indeed.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MindWright » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 am

Hayabusa wrote:I think that my character might be married. Or is it too odd for a member of the Setai to be married? As much as the 4th Ed. might be changed they're still samurai, right.
It is completely appropriate for characters to be married, in fact it is a bit unlikely that they would be unmarried. Depending on their age some may be under pressure to retire so that their heirs can inherit.
Hayabusa wrote:I'm just curious, EM. So... since when do your characters know each other?

Anyway, as far as I understand it, the Sword of Setai are kind reactivated. So it is quite possible that they already know each other, right?
All of the characters will know each other, though the Sword of Setai once numbered over a thousand, in the decade since the consorts death the membership has dwindled to a few dozen. Some will, of course, have known each other longer than others.

The Sword of Setai has never been officially disbanded, even though many expected that to occur soon after the death of her consort, the Empress has chosen to maintain the unit even though under pressure from several influential members of her court.
Dragon Poker is kind of cool,
but my favorite fictional game
is Einey-Steiney Pool.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:07 am

Maybe an Emerald Magistrate who was recruited by the Sword of Setai after some awesome exploits (with a certain phoenix shugenja as his companion of course) around 30 years old...