Character Generation Discussion

All things OOC about the Honor of the Empress game go in this forum.
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Character Generation Discussion

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:39 am

Well, I can tell you why my character stayed. Raised by a courtier and a bushi from different families, the character always learnt to appreciate his status as a samurai. And becoming a bushi himself, he wanted to serve not only his clan but also the whole Empire, even before gempukku. Most proficient with the sword, the character even went to the Lion to learn about warfare too, to learn the aspects of a single combatant and a large battle. And since the Sword of Setai is probably the most respected force under the direct command of the Empress, well, and since it hasn't been officially disbanded, there's no need to leave. After all, the ruler of the Emporer might need a few trust-worthy samurai someday again, which may be the reason that they've never been disbanded. Like a samurai will leave his lord's side...

It seems a little simple, yeah, I know... And I'm working on a homework right now...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:16 am

My guy is a Tenacious Badger. He stays because that is his way.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:31 pm

My guy is in his late 30ties but has no heir so he personally does not feel retirement is an option before he turns 40 (Crabs tend to be a bit thick headed about this) he feels that his service with the order is far more fullfilling than any duty he would take up with his clan back home would be and he kknows that the Crab look down upon physical impairment while among the sword he is respected for who he is.
Big Pimpin...

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:07 pm

So now that the game is released and you all presumably will be able to get your books. Any questions for an insider?

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:14 pm

I have to admit that mack's sounds very nice. Mine's just a call of duty...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:17 pm

We'll since I'm close to broke and prolly shouldn't dish out 40 '‚¬ for the book does the Hiruma School still resembel what it looked like in 3ED?
Big Pimpin...

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

They blended both Hiruma Schools. It now has a Rank 1 that's like the Scout, but most of the rest is the Bushi School.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

I have all kinds of question's for an insider. However, the question is what to ask first... :?
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:23 pm

So the kata work like this: No spending 20 minutes dancing to activate. They last generally as long as you want and it's easy to switch on or off.

You'll find a few kata that are like Akodo Bushi, Kakita Bushi, or some for Daidoji and Boar.

You will want them.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:56 pm

I believe 4E was released today from what I can tell on the L5R website.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name