Chapter 1 - The Secrets of Shinomen Mori

Rokugan, Year 1174. Long Live the EmpressToturi III has been dead for five years, and in that time strife and civil war has plagued Rokugan. Toturi III's wife, Empress Kurako, has ruled the Empire since his death. However, the Empire is Divided, as Toturi III's brother, Kaneka, the "Bastard" has finally declared himself Emperor. The Empire is surely soon to be thrown in civil war once more ....This L5R 4E Game is Run by Tet'Nak
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: A New Champion

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 am

"A good question, Shinjo-sama," Munisai says, back at the Kuni's side when the business is done. "As much as I like to be independent of the Lion, it may be good to have them in front of us. Or behind us so that they do not block our path. Though that will only be of use if we were to travel in the same direction, Kuni-sama." The man is just as curious to where the senior magistrate wants to go.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:09 am

Kuni Gidayu weighs his options in his mind, then speaks. "I would prefer to travel with haste. If the news of a loyal Unicorn Magistrate and Heir reaches the Imperial Capital first, it could set the groundwork for the reincorporation of the Ki-Rin Clan into the fold faster than if the first news is the capture of the Khan. A position of strength is always preferred over one of weakness. What say you?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 am

Joutaro shrugs, "I will be able to help either way, so long as there are not too many foes. I would prefer to travel light and fast, though." He shoulders the Naga's bow, as he hasn't had a chance to return it yet, and prepares the rest of his gear for the trip.
Sorry, wasn't seeing any need for my character's input...
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 am

"I understand, " Munisai says nodding. "Then let us not wait much more, Kuni-sama, Shinjo-sama, but head for the capital as quickly as possible." The former ronin collects anything the four had brought with them, except the things that Shinjo Tensei left when Ookami died, and heads out of the camp in front of the two magistrates.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 am

And so the newly appointed magistrates and their companion depart the Lion camp for the Imperial Capital, Toshi Ranbo.
Look out for XP and stuff, including the new chapter
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name