Random

OOC Forum for An Empire Divided
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: State of the Unicorn

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:11 pm

I really appreciate what you tried to do here. While the vast majority of the campaign seemed pretty dedicated to Kuni Gidayu's side quest of finding/destroying the Mask, it was pretty epic. Especially the fights in the Naga City with the Shadowspawn!

I'd love to know what the heck was going on in the Village, and the War at large. Since you're ending the campaign anyways, couldn't hurt to do some GM-Reveal to let us know what was going on.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Matsu Akira was being impersonated by the Lying Darkness. Obviously, the shadowspawn you fought in Shimonen Mori was as well (Crystal, etc).

He was raising an army here, and enslaving people to his will. One of his captains was responsible for capturing people in this place from people who came south. There was a donjon at the end of the road, which could be explored, etc. There you'd have fought the captain and freed the people of this area.

The Unicorn guy was actually a good guy, trapped like he said he was. The geisha house is actually not a trap. They think they are a normal geisha house, but many of the geisha are actually samurai-ko that were trapped here, and have no idea who they were. If you played your cards right, while here, by asking the right questions, etc, you could have freed them before the donjon mission, which would have helped add them to your cause.

You would have had a force of samurai-ko at your back to help fight Akira's armies.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:19 am

Nice! I like incorporating the Lying Darkness, since it isn't used very often after Volturnum. The closest it normally goes is dealing with Goju or the Shadow Dragon, rather than massed forces and conspiracies. It was really refreshing to be fighting something unexpected. And I liked the plot twists! For once, my paranoia wasn't being helpful to my survival.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 pm

It was too bad the game couldn't keep its legs.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name