Introduction - Huw Jones

Several new werewolves find themselves in a small valley in the south of Wales, facing learning about what they are, learning to live and work together, and facing threats that lurk just beneath the apparently tranquil setting of the Rhondda Fach valley.Run by Storyteller Donan
Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Introduction - Huw Jones

Post by Phlale » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Marie nods, her eyes still on the newcomer. "I've been in the area a while now, studying pre-Roman Celtic sites."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Bereii
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Bereii » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:27 pm

"Nah, Dewey, well isn't the word I'd use I'm afraid."
He steps into the Pub and goes over to the two he tracks the strange smell to.

"Mornin' Huw." He says with a nod to the old man he knew by name but not much more. "Miss." He says as he turns to Marie befor sitting down.

"You wouldn't happen to have a cup of coffee, would ya Dewey?"

Vince has no idea of what's going on and he doesn't know how to act at all.
Where old Huw and the chick involved in the shit that wen't down last night?

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Dewey nods and pulls together a large cup of coffee. He was a little puzzled by the looks the three were giving one another but he was experienced enough as a bartender to not comment unless they bought something up.

"Old Celtic sites? Well.. mm, it's not something I know too well, though I could point you at the right sort of people. I'm guessing you've already done your share of research though."

He frowns thoughtfully. "The village council knows you're here doing this?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Marie nods slightly at Dewey, "I told them several months ago that I was interested in looking for an as-yet undiscovered site, but I've been away for the last month. Would I need to inform them again?" She glances at Vince, smiling in a reassuring manner. "Perhaps something a little more hearty than coffee, if you don't mind me saying. You look like you had a rough night, and you likely need to eat something."

Marie gazes at the other two werewolves, wishing she could see the marks on their skin like she could in the Shadow. She might be able to tell a bit more about them.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Huw snorts softly. "The village council's never heard anything said only once, as far as I can remember. Tell 'em again and save yourself a muckle of trouble later on."

Taking Marie's offered hand, he shakes it with a strength that belies his years.

To Vince, on the other hand, a less welcome look graces the old miner's face, the uncertainty of the elderly for the excesses of the young.

"Vincent. Another of your raucous evenings?"

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Dewey chuckles. "Like Huw said, you'd need to give them a good kick to really wake them up. Tell you what, I should be able to let them know and get their attention about it, and they can find someone from the village or Faerndale who knows the lay of the land and can help your investigation. Some of the local lads and lasses will be really happy if you find something in the valley."

He glances at the three of them again. "Anymore drinks for any of you? Sorry Huw, Vinny, I'm going to have to start charging at this point."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Huw waves a hand. "Any more and I'll be morose the whole day. Thanks though, Dewey. If you've work that needs doing I'll head over with Miss Marie to the council hall; Ianto owes me a favor, maybe we can speed the whole thing along."

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Marie beams at the locals, "You really don't need to go to all that trouble, but I would appreciate the offer." She slips a few bills out of her handbag and places them on the bar. "Thanks for the drink, you have no idea how much better I feel." She gives Dewey her biggest smile, the one that always made her father's heart melt.

As she stands the Frenchwoman turns to Huw, "I'd prefer to go with you, if you don't mind. I like to be there when things are actually getting done."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Dewey smiles, turning away and filing the notes. "Oh Huw, pass a message onto Ianto for me while you're there?"

<Welsh>"Don't let her swindle us."<Welsh>

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:34 pm

<Welsh>Some French bird? She's nothing after that wanker from Cardiff, and we had him chasing his tail for six months.</Welsh>

Huw grabs his walking stick - a length of old wood almost as gnarled as its wielder - and nods toward the door, offering his arm.

"Shall we, Miss Marie?"

As they exit, Huw winks to Vince, avuncular teasing alight in his face. "Get some rest, lad. And a haircut, while you're about it."