Origin: Sick of Home

"Since the first, these words have been spoken at the ceremony: Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that can not be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten. And that one day we shall join you."
---The traditional words that begin a Joining of the Grey WardensExplore the world of Ferelden as the Grey Wardens return to the kingdom after centuries of exile. Set before the BioWare video game Dragon Age: Origins.

Run by the First Grey Warden Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Origin: Sick of Home

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 pm

"Sounds good. Meet back here in half an hour." Squirrel then darts out of the hiding spot and races back into the Alienage to collect what supplies his nimble and sticky fingers can muster.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:30 am

Assan punches his friend playfully in the arm, then goes out himself. He dares not go outside in public with the weaponry or the messages, so he hides them as best he can. Not in this hiding place, but buried or at least covered nearby. That way if the guards track them back here, they'd still have to search to find the goods. Once he's reassured that the package is safe, he slips out and begins to 'forrage for goods'. He focuses on small things that keep, and could be useful for a long journey. Grains, nuts, dried meat, that sort of thing. He buys what he can, steals what he can't, and tries to be inobtrusive as possible. After that public debacle, he won't show his face easily, lest a reckus ensue.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Assan takes the stuff out into the ally and hides them among some long unused barrels and broken boxes. They should be safe enough. Then racing off into the Alienage he collects some goods and stocks up on some food as best as he can spending what little coin he has, and stealing the rest. When he's finished he's managed to escape notice for the most part, and is able to collect enough food to see him through a bit. Returning back to the hiding spot he finds Squirrel already there. "I'm ready. We better hurry, I saw the Elder on my...scouting mission, they are looking for you." Before you can ask who he replies, "Everyone is. The Fereldens, the Orlesians, the Elder...everyone. We need to go now."
SoH: 27! Success

You have 37 gps you can 'spend' on normal equipment. Go ahead and flesh this out. What you don't have yet is your armor or MW elven blade. Otherwise you've managed to "forage" for everything else.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:19 am

Assan winces, helping his friend pack up everything and retrieve the messages. "The Elder? Any idea what he's feeling about all this? I probably just shook up the largest hornet's nest he's ever had to deal with. I'm glad I'm running right now. Unless he's happy and wants to help?" He reaches over his back and resettles some of the weight, not used to carrying this many supplies at once.
Sorry for the long absense. Been ill, but I'm better now!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Squirrel shakes his head, "I think he's after you. From what I heard he's too worried about protecting all of the Alienage from being burned to the ground than about one street rat's well being. We need to..."

"OVER HERE!" The voice is a loud shouted voice, clearly tinted with a Orlesian accent. The noise of armored men moving down the alleyways echoes off the broken buildings.

"...they found us! Damn it, they must have tracked one of us", Squirrel draws a slender dirk from his sleave and slings his bag over his shoulder looking around for an escape route.
You get one action, then I'll post up combat and such.

Remember at this point you lack armor, and have limited weaponry.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Assan freezes in place, doing his best to figure out what direction the patrol is coming from. His eyes dart around, either looking for an escape route, or at least a convenient place to take cover to try to ambush the soldiers once they get to the area. If he can get the drop on them, he might be able to put one of them down quickly and change their odds. He draws the rapier as quietly as possible, and decides on an option.
Draw the Rapier. If it looks like we aren't going to be able to bolt, try to find a place where I can get the drop on the soldiers coming into the area, hopefully so I can Sneak Attack one.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:24 am

Squirrel holds the dirk in his hands, "They are coming from that way." He points northeast, but you clearly hear them coming from the south. They must have split up their forces.

The slender elf points east again, "We need to go that way, the other alleys are blocked, and eventually we'd have to double back, maybe into the Eldar's men or even the Fereldens. Best we stab these Orlesian's in the back and be away from here." He tries to smiles, "After we take their coin purses of course."

Okay crats and barrels, and other stuff. Best if you tell me where you want to put yourself, before I roll stealth and init.

Image .. Image .. Image .. Image

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:38 am

Assan puts a finger to his lips to practically beg his friend for silence. He mimes running east and stabbing someone, then takes the lead. From around the corner he can see at least one armoured man going down the alley, but thinks he hears more. Oh well. Hopefully they'll get the drop on the guy and make this easier. He makes sure his friend sees their target, then breaks from cover and charges ahead, leading with the rapier. Given that the guards thought they were the hunters rather than the hunted, he hopes that the quick reversal will give them the advantage for these precious few seconds.
Move 6 East, 1 North. Then standard attack on #1 with the Rapier. I'm very grateful for Weapon Finesse. Great feat. And go Sneak Attack!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Surprise: Assan 15, Orlesian 13, Squirrel 10

Chatted with MWD and doing this a bit wacky at first.

Assan Stealth: 26, Orlesian Perception 17 Stealth Success
Assan makes Squirrel be silent as he hears the arrival of the Orlesians. He can see the heavily armored man walking into the narrow alley and he wastes no time. Like a flash of lightning Assan charges across the open space between him and the enemy and lances the Orlesian in the belly before the man even knows what is going on! The weapon draws a great amount of blood as it stabs into the man's gallbladder striking the vital organ with a well aimed strike.
Assan Charge +2: Attack (Flat Footed) 17 Hit for 4+6Sneak Attack= 10!

When you move you should do the path you take, not just the end location. ie you can move E through the barrels, etc. Your movement really is E, NE,E,E,E,E

Also I failed to mention in a surprise round you get 1 action, so I allowed a Charge there, which actually allowd the hit with the +2. So all is good.
Squirrel gasps and races after his companion, his dirk in hand, but he can't reach a foe. Instead he darts around a crate and put himself into position to tangle with the other Orlesian, a Chevelier by the looks of him.
Move
Round 1 Assan 15, Orlesian 13, Squirrel 10
Now the battle really starts but Assass still has the advantage of surprise and acts once more...

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Keeping his rapier steady in his hands, the elf sees that the hardy human constitution is keeping his opponent upright. Surprising, since the blow would have felled most elves. But perhaps he is simply used to the rather sickly specimens in the Alienage. Perhaps Dalish Elves, who live in the wilderness and fight for their lives, are of more hardy constitutions. Shaking his head to quiet this wild thought, he focuses again on the battle. He's been in quiet fights in a dark alley to escape before, but not ones with such deadly seriousness. Before he would likely get a beating, not a sword to the guts. Hoping he hasn't doomed all the elves along with himself, he dodges over a few feet while the wounded one is distracted, and stabs at the uninjured one. If he can hurt him, perhaps Squirrel can down the man and they can run off.
5' move North, Normal attack on The Leader (?). I'm glad I did the Charge on the surprise round, or else I'd be at -2 AC. That would have been unpleasant for me. Since he still hasn't acted yet, I assume they're still flat-footed and can be Sneak Attacked again? If not, still do the move, but attack #1 to finish him off.