Chapter 3 - The Stolen Throne: Written in Blood

"Since the first, these words have been spoken at the ceremony: Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that can not be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten. And that one day we shall join you."
---The traditional words that begin a Joining of the Grey WardensExplore the world of Ferelden as the Grey Wardens return to the kingdom after centuries of exile. Set before the BioWare video game Dragon Age: Origins.

Run by the First Grey Warden Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Chapter 3 - The Stolen Throne: Written in Blood

Post by Trogdor » Fri May 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Solanis simply nods when Assan hands over the scroll. The mage feels that he's said enough for the moment, bringing the new Arl word of his late brother's actions. Best to leave it at that for a moment.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2015 3:56 pm

The Arl takes the scroll and unrolls and reads it. He looks at the names at the bottom.

The Teryn Cousland comments, "You are wise Byron, and we shall all mourn your brother's loss, but we must press forward. Ferelden will be free with your assistance. Sign it, join us, join me, join your Prince."

Byron takes his quill and dips it into the ink. He signs. "First however, Amarathine needs to kick these Orlesian bastards out of our walls. Will you help me?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri May 01, 2015 9:52 pm

The city elf grins, patting the hilt of the sword at his side. "Now that we can help with!"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 04, 2015 2:23 pm

"Gladly," Solanis replies without fanfare.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 05, 2015 3:18 pm

The new Arl has to plan his attack, and spread the information about his brother's death. That takes the rest of the day and by evening he returns to you. You've been set up as honored guests in the keep, and finally when the new Arl returns he has a set of studded leathers on and a sword and mace on his belt. "I believe my men are ready."

He explains his plan, he has his men positioned around the keep in key locations, he wants you and his honor guard to confront the Orlesian captain who is here in the center court yard, in full view of everyone. Where he will give the man one chance to surrender and submit. After that, if the invaders refuse, its a bloody fight against them until the keep is cleared, and then a push out into the town beyond.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 05, 2015 4:36 pm

"I should be happy to serve in your honor guard," Solanis replies. "It's about time the Orleseans were forced to pay the price of their oppression."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 05, 2015 5:05 pm

"Sounds like a good plan. I hope he likes my Mask. I'm certainly going to enjoy mocking the Orlesian nobility when he refuses to surrender. At least, I assume he will. They don't seem to be the surrendering type most days." Assan seems eager to get to the fight, and give these Orlesians a piece of his mind.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 06, 2015 3:07 pm

So the new Arl, his honor guard, the Teryn and his few men, and you head into the courtyard of the keep of Amarathine. He calls out, "Chevalier Captain Sean-Luc, I have need of a word with you."

The Orlesian Chevalier turns from his conversation with a local, and narrows his eyes at the group. He motions a few of his men to his side and strides forward. "Arl Howe, my condolences, I have heard the news that your brother has died and that you are the new Arl here in Amaranthine. Maker's Blessing on your brother's soul."

Byron nods slightly, "Thank you for those kind words. I do appreciate them, sincerely. Now however as my first act as the Arl of Amarathine I must ask you to leave. You and all your Orlesian companions are no longer welcome in my arl. I will give you a chance to say your good-byes, and then you must be gone, from the keep, from the town, from all of my lands as far as they extend.

The Orlesian balks at this a moment, "Arl, please, I understand you are in shock at the new of your brother, let's not be rash here...."

The Arl puffs his chest out, "I am doing what should have been done by my brother. I have spoken my command."

Things grow utterly tense. The locals around are deathly silent, even the birds and horses seem to have gone quiet.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Korshak tries not to look too eager for a fight while caressing his hammer.
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Assan tries to look the part of a simple city elf servant, keeping his head downcast and fearful. It'll make the sudden backstabbing all that more surprising.