XP Awards and Level Up Chatter

The OOC forum for the Grey Dawn game of Dragon Age.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: XP Awards and Level Up Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:03 pm

I still liked the Mabari Hound who was leveling up as a Monk the best!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Alright folks, I think we are about done here. I enjoyed the last month, we really got in some fun RP and it picked up, but I feel like it was spured on by the 'going out of sale' mentality. I think we can call it here, if you care yo post once more for the heck of it go ahead, if not I think I'll grave yard it.

Slightly altered cannon, the game ends with...

Later, at a village chantry in the Bannorn, our heroes killed Bann Ceorlic and four other traitors responsible for the rebel queen's murder. In the final confrontation against the usurper's armies at the Battle of River Dane, Rowan and Loghain commanded the final assault while yoru group of heroes snuck into the mage Severan's camp and assassinated him, eliminating the greatest threat to the rebels. Following three more years of war, the rebel army besieged Denerim and Maric killed Meghren in single combat atop Fort Drakon, where Meghren and his few remaining supporters had fled. Eventually, with Ferelden's freedom secured, Maric married Rowan and became a popular king.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 12, 2015 7:58 pm

The real question for me is whether Solanis goes back to the Circle or takes the Dalish elves up on their offer of an alternate option.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 12, 2015 10:38 pm

I know Assan is certainly going back to the Dalish. As a Level 8 character, maybe he'll get around to actually getting a magical weapon. ;) Canon only changes so much, the city elves are still second-class citizens at best. But at least he won't be forced back into the Alienage.

This was a lot of fun. I'm going to miss the 5 or so years I spent with this character.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm

I do apologize for ending this. I hate to end games, but I think we can agree we were starting to slip in quality, speed, and for me general inspiration. For what its worth my plan was to finish out the war some how, as mentioned above, but then instead of you guys returning to various factions, the Grey Wardens were going to come and recruit you, there by putting you above the reach of the Tower or the Alienage, etc. Setting you on a path to deal with the Blight in Ferelden.

Speaking about it gives me some excitement, but I know I couldn't keep it going, and with only 3 of you, it wouldn't last long.

Now wait a moment, you had the Dead Thaig Shanker! And those runes made your Dar'Missan pretty nice. :)

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Ha! Yeah, that was the best non-magical, magically-enhanced blade ever. Those Runes were crazy powerful.

If you ever decide to reboot this game (either with current characters or a different party), count me in.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 14, 2015 2:39 pm

You got it.

And away we go...