Prelude: Walking the Ghost's Path

For years the city of Hamilton has been trying to claw out of the pit that it had become. The local Forsaken will have to deal with the changes and the problems they have created.

Run by Storyeller Phlale
Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Prelude: Walking the Ghost's Path

Post by Phlale » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:43 pm

You and Donan are going to have to wait a bit
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Will do, sir! What do you think so far?
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Ivan wakes to a his door almost being pounded off it's hinges. Outside stand two men in dark blue uniforms, the rumble of a diesel engine coming from behind the RV. A rifle is slung over the shoulder of the one not currently at Ivan's door. The clock on the microwave reads 6:04.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Ivan quickly pulls on a worn pair of jeans as he quickly rises from his fitful slumber. "Keep your panties on, I'm coming!" he barks out as he struggles with a stuck zipper. As he walks to the door he takes a quick glance out a small window mounted above a grubby little sink. Noticing the uniforms a small moment of fear causes the hair on the back of his neck to bristle. He takes a moment to collect himself before opening the door. Speaking calmly he looks to the man in the sharp blue uniform "Is there anything I can you help you fine gentlemen with?" a large yawn escapes his lips and his jaw lets out a loud *Pop*. "Especially this early in the morning..." His eyes scan the two men closely looking for anything worth noting.
Investigation (3) or Perception (5) roll to attempt to identify the men
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 pm

A quick glance at the uniforms reveals that they belong to local animal control. The younger of the two now glares up at Ivan, clearly annoyed at the drifter. "I should call the cops. You know you can't park here? The gate's there for a reason!"

His partner, the one with the gun, cuts in. "Shut up, Steve." A glare from Steve, "Sir, we had a report from a hospital of a young man attacked by a dog last night. Did you see or hear anything? We want to trap it so that it isn't a threat to the neighbourhood anymore."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Ivan thinks for a moment before looking down from the doorway and speaking "A dog, hmm? Yes sir, actually I do! I was taking a walk up through the park yesterday and I saw a bunch of punks beating on some poor dog, massive thing too..." He looks up in thought for a moment before speaking again. "It had a collar on, so I'd bet they nicked it from a yard or something. I was going to do something about it but then the dog bit two of them and ran off." With a shrug he continues on "It's probably back in it's owners yard by now. I hope the punks get tetanus." A grimace crosses his face as he speaks again "Beating on an animal, that's just not right..."

Ivan looks to "Steve" and then speaks again "As for my parking accommodations, sir... I was tired last night and I figured it would be safer to just park this behemoth somewhere out of the way so I could rest before I got back on the road. Don't you know driving while tired is just as dangerous as being drunk?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Subterfuge+Manipulation: 0 dice! Spending a Willpower Point to give you 3 dice, 1 success
vs ??
The older man nods, "Serves them right, but we need to make sure. Thanks for the tip. We'll get out of the way and you can head out." He practically hauls his partner back toward the idling truck. A few minutes later Ivan is once again on the road.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 pm

"Yeah, sure thing. Best of luck trying to find it. I'm sure the owner would love to see it back!" Ivan closes the door as he watches the men depart. as he climbs into the driver seat and drives away he thinks to himself. "I don't think they believed me. I'd better keep an eye out for a while." With that he heads out to the nearest campground to give himself a short break for a night. He'll head out and check to see if they're still around throughout the week till Thursday.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:38 pm

When Ivan checks up on the site over the next couple of evenings, he notices several police cars patrolling the seemingly quiet neighbourhood, a van bearing the mark of the city's animal control unit is parked on a side street late one evening, but by Tuesday night everything seems to have calmed down. Three kids are playing soccer in the dying light with an elderly gentleman, and a few dogs are out for evening walks with their owners. A typical urban night.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 am

Keep patrolling until Thursday. Then call Thrice (as long as I don't find anything) and tell him job complete...