Forging the Pack

For years the city of Hamilton has been trying to claw out of the pit that it had become. The local Forsaken will have to deal with the changes and the problems they have created.

Run by Storyeller Phlale
Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Forging the Pack

Post by Phlale » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 pm

September 25th. 2010

Geir Campbell's chopper rumbles between his legs, cruising through the warm evening as content as could be. Another rumble, this one quieter, tells him that it's time for a stop for a bite. Pulling into one of the ubiquitous Tim Horton's Geir immediately notices the six bikes clustered in one corner of the small lot. Everyone needs their coffee and doughnuts.
Right now, this is for TetNak, but soon the rest of you will be pulled in as you all arrive at the meeting.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Forging the Pack

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Entering the coffee shop, Geir gives his order, and seats himself along the wall. A newspaper sits open in on the small table, and flips through it absently. The bikers across the room watch him, patches on their shoulders indicating they're part of a smaller gang. but trouble seems to be the last thing on their minds.

As Geir sips on his coffee, three men walk in together, all wearing faded jeans and blue work shirts. The first through the door is the tallest, well built and with a head on a swivel. He casts his eyes around before they lock on Geir. That's when their scent hits him over the coffee and fried dough. Werewolves.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Geir's eyebrow lifts ever so slightly. If he can smell them, they can likely smell him. He takes another drink of his coffee, considering that he will have to move on, and soon.

The man takes another bite of the glazed doughnut, finishing it off and wiping his hands on the napkin afterward.

"I can't even eat in peace anymore," he thinks.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm

The leader of the trio is watching Geir, and now looks back toward his companions, obviously communicating something. They nod and move over toward Geir's table, smiling in a not entirely friendly manner. The other steps up to the counter and gives his order.

"Don't get up, friend, Ry'll bring you another of those." The speaker is lanky and tall, with three days worth of beard. He sits down beside Geir, "These seats aren't taken, are they?" Half the tables are empty, and the bikers seem to have found something very interesting in the bottoms of their mugs.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:03 pm

"No," Geir says. "No reason to sit down, though, I'm just passing through. Don't want no trouble." He takes another drink of his coffee, staring at the speaker with an emotionless expression.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:22 pm

"No trouble at all. You sit, we buy you a doughnut, we talk for a bit. Sounds fair?" They sit in silence for a moment, waiting for the man who is clearly the Alpha.

He arrives with a tray, three coffees, three subs, and four doughnuts. Setting it on top of the paper, he pushes in between the lanky one and Geir, pulling a chair from a nearby table. "Name's Ryan, have a cruller." He indicates the tray with a sweep of a hand.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 pm

"Alright," Geir says, looking at the pastry before taking it.

He places it before him, but does not eat it, yet. He finally says, "My name's Geir. So then, what do you want to talk about?

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Perception: 6 dice, 2 successes
Ryan takes a bite of his sandwich, chewing slowly before speaking. "You're a nomad." Not a question. "And alone. Some of us aren't happy about lone wolves. They cause problems, even when they don't mean to. So, we were wondering if you might want to come to a friendly event tonight?" This sounds very little like an invitation to Geir. The willingness to do violence is right there behind their eyes... except the other. The one who hasn't said a word, Geir assumed he was the Omega, the low man, and he may be, but now one eye is grey and milky. His voice is low and soft, if he said almost anything he's sure to put babies to sleep, but the word he says raises the hairs on Geir's neck.

"Ghost"
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Geir does not like this. This is why he tries to stay away.

"Give me a break," Geir says, obviously not taking kindly to this. "I will be hundreds of miles from here before your little gathering. I ain't hanging around, don't worry, I'm not causing any problems except to my waistline." He grabs the doughnut and waves it about.

"Thanks for the doughnut, now get the hell out of here."
Intimidation: Use Willpower

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Intimidate: 7 dice, 0 successes
Geir's actions seem to have no real effect, as Ryan leans in close and offers a low growl. "Look, nomad, we're going to our meeting now. And you're coming with us, understand. The other two are quickly making their food disappear, but their Alpha takes only a sip of his soup while waiting for a response. These three have seen things scarier than Geir, he's just a bump in the road to them.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo