Forging the Pack

For years the city of Hamilton has been trying to claw out of the pit that it had become. The local Forsaken will have to deal with the changes and the problems they have created.

Run by Storyeller Phlale
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Forging the Pack

Post by MadVlat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Grace moves out to slightly skirt the edge of the path. Never letting the awareness of her surroundings slip her grasp. A look at Geir warns of what may be coming, and her hands flex outward and contract almost unconciously. Then she glances at Ivan looking like an oversized schoolboy with the little backpack dangling from his hand...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:21 pm

As the pack approaches the two minding the rope barricade grin, "Haven't run off yet, Nomad?" Oscar's voice is full of contempt.
Red, on the other hand, seems to be impressed. "Leave him be, if he stays, he's not a nomad anymore." This only seems to confuse his lanky companion, so Red ignores him. "This one's simple, you just have to get over the ropes without touching them. Touch them and something unpleasent happens. Understand?"

By now the pack has gotten close enough to hear a low hum in the air, coming from behind Oscar. The yellow lines are thin, any of the pack is sure they could rip through them, which might mean failing the test.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm a touch confused. There are two ropes, crossing the path, right? The yellow lines are the same thing or?
Geir keeps walking forward. "What if we get off the path and go around?" he muses loudly. His eyes are fixed on Oscar, momentarily moving to Red and then back.

The werewolf figures that it might be difficult to leap over the ropes, but there has to be another way. He looks for obvious ways to pass.
Are there large spaces between the ropes? I would think if there are only 2 ropes criss-crossed, we could crawl beneath them in the middle
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry, the ropes cross the path many times, at different angles. Yes, the yellow lines are the ropes.
Oscar grins at Geir, "You could try." Red interrupts quickly, "But then we would have to inform the others that you failed the test." He seems less hostile than his packmate, and certainly less threatening than his Alpha.

Now that the pack can inspect the ropes, they see they are thin and plastic, with black cording around them. They cross the path many times, leaving gaps of about two feet between them. In fact, up close it looks like a large spider's web.
More crudely done, and without the framing over the top, but now that you're all close, this is sort of what you're up against
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Geir walks toward the rope and frowns. "We could have each person jump off the next person's shoulders. But the last person is going to be screwed." He barely pays the pack before him any attention.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Grace turns to Ivan and Geir for a quick second as she tries to puzzle this obstacle through. She can hear the hum of electricity and looks to see how the ropes are suspended. A few seconds more and Grace finds herself looking at Red. "I would ask for your assistance brother wolf". There is an odd kindness in her voice as speaks and offers her hand to Red. "You have stated no rules against such a request and I see no reason we can not accept the aid of luna's other children"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Grace, Perception: 6 dice, 5 successes!
As Grace traces the thin lines in the air she hotes one running down behind Oscar. The hum also seems to be coming from behind him. When the seer turns to speak to Red, he laughs in response. "That is true, miss. And I will give you help, though not what you wish." He pauses, considering how he might help these young wolves, before another smile breaks across his face. "Look at the whole, and you'll realize helping hands are as useful to the last as the first."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:32 am

Looks like we need some other players if Donan and EM aren't playing. MV, you are posting, why isn't EM?
Geir looks at the patterns set before him. He does not understand the puzzle first off, continuing to figure out what this means. There are four of them, they must go over this, and obviously they must help each other.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:02 pm

jp is taking over Daniel, at least for a while and should be in once he catches up. EM got back to me, he's got lots of stuff going on right now, so I don't know when he'll be awailable.
Ivan reaches out, sticking his arm through one of the holes with a bit of room to spare. The humming seems to increase in intensity, and the hairs on his arm stand on end, almost reaching out to touch the lines.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm posting from work...