OOC Chatter

OOC Forum for Hanner in Darkness
EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Something with a Loci Point and a nice large garage (to park my beloved behemoth) also I like the idea of a park or at least a good bit of acreage...

Maybe an old farmhouse? Lots of space, Wildlife usually congregate on farmland (Mmm, deer are tasty), spare buildings so we can take up our separate pursuits (Ivan's a Mechanic, and I know MV wants to be the dedicated dojo-potato)
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm sure you guys can find a loci, that won't be a problem.

For a farmhouse, there are two little problems, the packs that have claimed most of the rural land (for much the same reasons you guys would like it), and finding abandoned buildings in decent condition (unless you want to buy something). I'm not against you finding something like that, just know it won't be easy. Or there's areas off map to the SW, they're fairly rural, but still highly developed.

Parks and wilderness are fairly common if you wish to go with that route, a garage large enough for an RV... less so. Perhaps a 'haunted' house with enough room to park in back?
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Perhaps Daniel can use his criminal contacts and streetwise to find a seedy and less then perfectly legal garage?

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:48 pm

He could.

I'm leaving this open for you guys. Your territory is where you'll live, hunt, and bleed. Your characters will need to be comfortable there, so anything in terms of rural/suburban/industrial is fine.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:56 am

My first choice would be rural, I would definitely wish to avoid Densely populated (Middle of a city, Industrial parks, etc.) areas and the prying eyes they contain. Maybe an old Victorian house somewhere on the outskirts of the suburbs... Ivan has the constant stream of income necessary to secure a loan (I would be willing to sacrifice some resources dots in order to signify the mortgage payments)
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:01 am

That would also work. Especially if the property needs work. Thoughts? Ideas?
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 am

I happen to love old victorian homes. It doesn't necessarily have to be in a rural setting either. It could be near an old meat packing district oh yeah baby spirits galore. The older section of a city may mean more work but in the end could be extremely satisfying. One with several out buildings (Stables, barns, sheds, and servants quarters) would allow the characters to build up the property as they saw fit...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Welcome TetNak!

There are lots of Victorian style homes in Hamilton, some in bad shape (and thus cheaper for a pack of werewolves). In line with MV's suggestion, perhaps the area around it has been converted into a more light industrial area and since suffered closures. It would give you lots of open space with few prying eyes.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm

I can work with that...

Tet has joined? This could prove to be interesting.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:52 am

Welcome TETNAK, nice to have you on board...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...