OOC forum for Infinity Crisis
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Infinity Crisis - Continue?

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:41 am

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Shurijo. :( But I can understand it.

It was a pleasure to play this game and it's sad to see that it shares the fate of the other superhero games. Hopefully I'll be playing with you in other games. At least you stay active on Brennor's. :D
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:45 am

Yes that's my goal. I want to cut back as much as possible so that I can stay active. I've spent more time on the site than any other game, MMO, or community ever. I'd rather have a couple good games than contribute to making a whole bunch of games into bad games.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 am

It is very unfortunate, but shit happens. I wouldn't worry about it. Having some presence on Brennor's is better than getting completely bombed by too many games and quitting all together. I enjoyed the game a lot, and hopefully in the future you can run another one (or continue this one)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:01 am

Thanks. I really hope veritas sticks around the site. He's the new guy that joined the site to play the game. The rest of us have our hooks in a lot of other games.

If someone wanted to take over the reigns and continue the game, then I'd be more than welcome to tell you the story lines and plots so they can get some ideas (or they can go another direction). I have most of the NPCs character sheets ready.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Sorry to hear that, Shuiro. But I understand.

And I've got veritas in my Savage Tide game. So he's not totally adrift.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 pm

We will wait until next week to move it over to the Graveyard.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:57 am

There are also some new games that might be starting up, hope veritas you can find something there you might like.

Sorry to hear about the game closing Shurijo. Another M&M game bites the dust.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:09 am

Sorry to hear it man, but RL takes priority. For the record, you did a bangup job :)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:42 am

Thanks veritas. I hope you find a few more games here or maybe run one of your own games.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:19 am

I think you guys deserve to see where I was going with the story. Hopefully, this can give you some ideas or just help get some closure with your characters :)

Timeline 128
Alton Zet and Orion arrive at secret Intelligencia island base. Base infiltration. Find computer. Hack computer. Take down security forces (to lower defense against Atlantian forces). Alton recognizes some human and Atlantian ‘things', code, wiring, etc. Both find some strange alien technology. Orion recognizes language as Annunaki (the alien reptilian race). Atlantian archives will show Annunaki visited earth several times in past and around the time of the Atlantian crisises. Fight some evil robots and human guards. Find and free Alton's assistant – Kareb Lai. Head into main room to find several people – the Intelligencia. One of them is the genius mutant called The Scientist, others are human generals and other smart people, along with Kalta Jel. Fight ensues and Kareb Lai turns out to be Annunaki shapeshifter who lured you there.

After defeating them (or more likely, they escape when Atlantian forces arrive), you find the real Kareb Lai secured elsewhere. Alton finds notes from the Scientist about Atlantian cure, it's a reversal of a disease implanted by the Annuaki. The Annunaki shapeshifter is revealed to be the leader of the Intelligencia. You find out that there's left over radiation that matches the signature that Orion was looking for. The Annunaki shapeshifter has control over the infinity item which gives him master over the AI-based race called A'Qal. When you finally reach up with the bad guy, his primary general – SENTRY PRIME (a huge robot) protects him. Then something happens to the item and everyone (including SENTRY PRIME and The Scientist and the Annuanki shapeshifter) and Orion and Alton Zet get sent through a time disortation/travel and end up in Timeline 314.

Timeline 314
Ghost and Iron Scorpion defeat his brother, take Scorpion Claw. Then Matthew arrives. After a short talk. The Agency arrives and they teleport out. The Agency only appears when mutants use their powers and it takes them a little bit of time to reach the destination. The Scorpion thing was more mystic so they were able to detect it, but the big mutant fight gave away their positions.

Eventually, an effort is lead to overthrow the Agency X headquarters. After a bit of catching up, story-wise to lay out what everyone knows about the Agency. Before the assault, everyone gets a serum protecting them from the grenades that make mutants lose powers. Cipher wants some AI/hardware from the headquarters. Shepard just wants to free his daughter. Shepard is revealed to have been the chief scientist and mutant there (The Scientist in 128). Then when he created a drug that removed all mutant powers forever. He realized his mistake and took the drug himself so that it couldn't be recreated. He freed Karma and they escaped the laboratory back then. So he's a biologist/geneticist who used to have super genius powers, but now he's just normal. The team infiltrates the place and breaks off into three groups. Shepard and Cipher go to free his daughter and get the hardware/software. Ghost and Matthew and Iron Scorpion (my original character from my first M&M game here) continue on to fight SENTRY PRIME – the robot who's been behind everything. After defeating SENTRY PRIME, he downloads himself into the network and escapes.

Just before they begin to teleport, Alton Zet and Orion appear. Everyone talks. Compares notes, timelines, etc.

Chapter 3 – 314 Time line
When they return to the headquarters, Matthew doesn't return with them for some reason (split thread). The others talk and Shepard is presented with talking in front of the US Senate in private. He asks Ghost to come with him and testify. He says that he doesn't know where Matthew is at. Senate listens to their talk. President says the Agency was never approved by them and they set out to reverse it's course, etc. Forms a new Super Protection Agency (Alphas or something). After looking over files, he asks where Matthew is at and recommends Matthew to on the team since he has CIA background, etc.

Meanwhile, Alton Zet can find some clues about Atlantis but it looks like everythings been destroyed. The headquarters that they just attacked (chapter 2) was the underwater city of New Atlantis. Eventually, he finds a remote outpost in Antarctica and Kalta Jel is the king there along with Queen Kareb Lai (these are alternate future versions of them). Alton has the cure and gives it to them, but the population is even smaller than before.

Orion hears that the A'Qal is attacking the Hydran Republic, needs to decide what to do. If friends come with him or not or try and find Matthew.

Cipher was Cobb (limited interaction between Cipher and Matthew during previous sessions, never really in same room or team). Cobb used another drug on Matthew that didn't make him resistant to the mists and then captured him and took him off to his own office. There Matthew finds out that Polat's kid is the leader called Singularity. Some kind of high-tech kid genius. He improved Cobb by adding all sorts of cyborg parts to him. Matthew is tortured a bit – James Bond style. Eventually escapes after Shepard eventually tells them where Matthew's at – he had to make deal to get mutant avoidance devices from Cipher in exchange of letting him go on mission, then once Matthew appeared, they had to make a new deal in exchange for Matthew.

Upon everyone going to Hydran Republic to fight the A'Qal. The team finds the Annunaki shapeshifter (after some shapeshifting tricks) and then gets teleported into a new time line.

Various time lines – each about a chapter or so
1. Atlantis is rulers over earth and humans
2. Annunaki has infiltrated earth (lots of shapeshifters) and preparing invasion
3. Hydran Republic attacks earth
4. If these went well, then maybe Zombies, Old West, Samurai, Cyborg nation, etc.

Eventually, make it back to time lines. Each time, when you get near infinity item, it takes you somewhere. Matthew's Time Travel power (PL 10) would eventually be the key to controlling it.