Haven: "Odette"

The city of Camdenburg is the greatest secret of kindred society. Its shadowed confines hidden from the minds of mortal men for over two centuries. Within the aged row houses and modern office buildings the poltics of its long dead residents continue in relative safety. However, all know that nothing lasts forever and soon the veil that has hidden the city for so long, too may fall...
Run by the Storyteller MadVlat
Odette
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Haven: "Odette" "Dark Journey"

Post by Odette » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:31 pm

With a grin upon seeing her new companion and her whip ready, Odette cracks it in a wide arc, sending a high whistling scream as it cuts through the night air towards its targets. Aiming to cut through the swarm like a knife through hot butter, she nods toward Gabriel to remove himself from the carnage if he possibly can. Whether he does is a different matter. During this wide, sweeping motion of her whip, and trained as tho0ugh it is as much a part of her as her own arm, she hopes for him not to be caught in the arc's descent.
"Gabriel!" Odette calls out right before the swing, "Lie still! Until that swing is past you. Then...MOVE your ass!"
Meh.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:05 am

I don't think I explained how to use the "Action tag" well enough. You post the description of your action in the actual post. The action tag is where you put the basic action (i.e. Swing whip at x target (in this case). And if you want to, the relevent stats and bonuses/penalties to your roll.
With a grin upon seeing her new companion and her whip ready, Odette cracks it in a wide arc, sending a high whistling scream as it cuts through the night air towards its targets. Aiming to cut through the swarm like a knife through hot butter, she nods toward Gabriel to remove himself from the carnage if he possibly can. Whether he does is a different matter. During this wide, sweeping motion of her whip, and trained as tho0ugh it is as much a part of her as her own arm, she hopes for him not to be caught in the arc's descent. "Gabriel!" Odette calls out right before the swing, "Lie still! Until that swing is past you. Then...MOVE your ass!"
Attack swarm with whip. (optional ->) Dice Pool: Strength: 3 + Weaponry 2 + Specialty in whips 1 + Whip Damage 1(B)= 7 dice
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Odette
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odette » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:37 am

Like this?
With a grin upon seeing her new companion and her whip ready, Odette cracks it in a wide arc, sending a high whistling scream as it cuts through the night air towards its targets. Aiming to cut through the swarm like a knife through hot butter, she nods toward Gabriel to remove himself from the carnage if he possibly can. Whether he does is a different matter. During this wide, sweeping motion of her whip, and trained as tho0ugh it is as much a part of her as her own arm, she hopes for him not to be caught in the arc's descent. "Gabriel!" Odette calls out right before the swing, "Lie still! Until that swing is past you. Then...MOVE your ass!"
Attack swarm with whip. Dice pool: Strength 3 + Weaponry 2 +Specialty in whips 1 +whip damage 1= 7 dice
so I simply add up all the numbers to see how many die I need. Thank goodness no more 20-sided die for me!! lol
Meh.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am

Time: July 11th, 2011 12:17 AM...

Odette's arm swings around with a strange grace, the whip cutting the air with the sound of static electricity. Gabriel pushes his face to the floor of the muck covered alleyway as the tightly woven leather careens just above his head, its length sending several of the vermin flying about as rag dolls.
Odette with whip attack: 5 successes
***BOOM!!!***
A sudden explosion of filth erupts into the air as the dumpster from the resturant next door to the gym seemingly levitates into the night sky and comes to rest upon poor Gabriels left ankle. The ghouls anguish heard through the darkness as a gurgling scream of both shock and pain, before he passes out.

Where the dumpster had been a large beast now stands half hidden by shadow. Its glaring red eyes cut through Odette with a glare of pure hatred. "Harm my children. They feed and you harm them", the words are broken and filled with loathing. The beast hisses loudly, baring its tangled teeth menacingly...

Nikoli is taken by surprise by the creatures sudden appearance but quickly recovers...

Initiatives: Gabriel, rats, Odette, Fin, Nikoli, Ian
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:18 pm

"You and your ilk attack us, and now you make us out as the aggressors?! Fuck off and die you hypocritical vermin!" Nikoli doesn't seem to be able to give less of a crap about the beast or it's problems. He strides over to where the thing is and sends the essence of his recent meal coursing through his long dead veins. His muscles bulge, his face becomes red, and his eyes turn from honey brown to deep black as his anger overtakes him. As he reaches the beast he draws both hands over his head and brings them down like a flesh and bone sledgehammer on the beast's back...
Move to critter, reflexively activate Vigor 1 and Celerity 1 (Celerity lasts for 1 turn), and commence with the smackdown. Dice pool strength 4 + brawl 4 + Striking specialty 1 + Sap Gloves 1 = 10 Dice
Offensive Striking 1 "Body Blow" (If I score successes equal to or in excess of the targets size, the target loses his next action),
Offensive Striking 2 "Iron Skin" gives me an effective armor trait of 1/0 against bashing attacks.
Celerity 1 is active(Double my speed, +1 bonus to defense AND initiative),
Resilience 2 is active (+2 health dots and resistance to aggrivated damage (Downgrades aggrivated damage equal to my resistance dots down to lethal),
Vigor 1 is active(+1 strength which adds to jump rolls and gives a +1 to my speed).
I am wearing sap gloves, which are a friendlier (read: more stealthy)version of brass knuckles that add +1 to damage done with my meaty, meaty fists.
You want some, come get some baby! :twisted:
7/11
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Odette
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odette » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:08 am

Watching as Nikoli attacks their newest foe, Odette reaches into her pocket. With a slight grin, she pulls out what looks to be a stuffed toy, only crudely made to look a bit...strange. Resembling a sinister version of a beanie baby, this little toy packs quite a wallop.

"When he is down, Nikoli, I will need you to remove yourself quickly. Strike hard and disable that thing! Do you understand?"

All Odette needs is for that clear shot; her little stuffed friend will do the rest. Thinking of what might be next, she grins even wider. She will, of course, have to be very quick, as grabbing Gabriel to pull him away from the scene will take precious seconds away from her planned attack. Still, Odette can feel the power of triumph coursing through her as she savors the moments to come. If Nikoli strikes true, those seconds will not matter too terribly. Silly foe....
Meh.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:45 am

Time: July 11th, 2011 12:19 AM...

Nikoli charges the beast like a hungry dog at a meat festival and brings his might to bare against the manimal. The duel flesh fitted bone clubs impacting with a force that would have pulped any normal mortal. However, the creature bounces backwards into the wall and snaps its right arm outwards with an audible crunching as the joint resets itself...
Nikoli attack three successes...
Ian seeing the cleared path before him launches towards the creature battling his master and attempts to deliver a drop kick to the animals midsection, missing only by a fraction of an inch and leaving a mucked up footprint on the wall at the creatures side.

Gabriel struggles between gasps of pain to remove the heavy dumpster laying on his leg. The shock sending Odette's vitae coursing through his vains like a herd of charging gazelles. His hand grasps the metal rim and lifts. Sending the steel box two feet away and crushing another two rats at the same time...

The horde of rats frenzy with the appearance of the man-beasts and swarm everything in the alleyway. A fur carpet of teeth leaping on masters and ghouls alike...

Initiatives: Gabriel, rats, Odette, Fin, Nikoli, Ian
Ian attack 0 sucesses.
Gabriel 2 successes.
Rats vs. Odette 1 success.
vs. Ian 1 success.
vs. Gabriel 0 successes.
vs. Nikoli 0 successes.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:10 pm

flavor
As Nikoli strikes the beast he hears Odette's words. As he watches the beast reset the joint of it's arm he turns his head to Odette. "My lady I have been a fighter since before you were born, no need to tell me how to do what I am best at. Focus on the swarm, this furry little bastard is mine!" Suddenly he is covered in a sort of perverse fur coat as the rats swarm everyone in the alleyway. Nikoli lets out a gutteral shout of surprise as he flails around in an attempt to loose some of the rats from his body...

Odette
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odette » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 am

"Screw this!" Odette growls loudly. "I am done playing nice! Everyone MOVE!!"

With a forceful throw, Odettel launches the beanie baby missle at the thickest area of beasts. The toy whistles towards its target, while Odette smacks away the beasts that are still hanging off her. Dropping into a more aggressive stance, she is ready to charge into the remaining remnants if necessary.
Beanie baby missile used as sap= big boom and carnage
Meh.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 pm

What?! is it a sap or an explosive? because if it's an explosive you will probably end up nuking all of us and explosives deal aggrevated damage to us vamps, fire and all that