Book 1 - Act 2 - Chasing Shadows

The Fellowship is broken, the Ring Bearer slain by treachery, and the One Ring has fallen into the hands of Saruman of Many Colors. The War of the Ring rages out of control and all the Free Peoples of Middle-earth tremble in fear at what the future might hold.

Run by Vardaen the Grey Wizard
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: By water, wood and hill, by the reed and willow...

Post by Eilandor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Taveon had walked into a tavern or two in his day where the music stopped but this was an entirely different animal. He pauses for a moment while looking around the silent room, "I'm not quite sure what to say to such kind words Riv."

After another brief but longer pause, "If all in the Fellowship would have it, I would be honored to be part of a group that has been tasked with such great purpose."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:45 pm

"It would mean leaving your people for a time and following where we go," Faladril replies. "But we act to keep the West safe, so your actions would be to their benefit, if less directly than they have been to date."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Turning to Faladril, "Would I like to be back home...of course. But ignoring the situation at hand will not deter this evil from spreading across all the land. Whether I make it back home or not, at least I will have been part of something that tried to make a difference."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:09 pm

"Then I would welcome you into our Fellowship," Faladril replies.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Riv smiles, "And I!" He leaps from the bench and gives Taveon a hand shake and a bow, then turns to the others. "So what now?"

Tom Bombadil stands in the corner near the fireplace and polishes and apple on the sleeve of his blue coat. "I suspect some of your companions little Hobbit are eager to be away and back out into the wide world. I can take you to your ponies, and to the edge of the Old Forest when you are ready. You will find your missing gear laid out in the barn waiting for you."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:27 pm

"And me as well, Taveon," Saelirneth adds smiling. She walks over to the tall man, embracing him and even going so far as to plant a kiss on the Dunlending's forehead. "We are not many but we removed a bandit threat from this land and now those blades from Curunír's allies."
Last edited by Hayabusa on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Dobo pounds his fist on the table, "Aye! The fall of Saruman will aid the Dunlendings! It will aid all of Middle-Earth. But Dunland is Isengard's neighbor, and so, join our fellowship and we shall aid Dunland throw the yoke of Isengard from its shoulders!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

coynor
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coynor » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:29 pm

"Riv has just asked the question for all of us, and it looks like everyone agrees with him, myself included. You deserve a place in our Fellowship, you have given proof of great courage and determination to fight the Evil that taints our age." Cadoran smiles to the Dunlending.

Then he turns to the hobbit. "Well, Riv, I think that now we will gather our equipment and follow our great host to the edge of the forest. Then, we should head back to Rivendell to report our findings. We have much to tell."
Last question about the blades. They aren't among our stuff inside Tom's house, but are they somewhere else? Or have they been completely lost?

Had a rough working week Vardaen, sorry for the delays. It should all be sorted out by now.
- Cadoran - Krangrimdar -

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:08 am

Saelirneth follows Riv's question and Cadoran's reply, having assumed that this was their destination all along after they found the blades. "Yes, we need to return the blades and word of our pursuers and the Dunlendings so that everyone nows that these are allies and not enemies." The elf looks at Cadoran. "You still have the Morgul blades, do you?"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:27 am

Faladril follows with the others, sad to leave such a restful place, but knowing that there is work to be done. When he hears Saelirneth's question, he says, "I beleive Tom said that he took care of them. When he first arrived he said that the Shadow we had with us was gone and that it wouldn't bother anyone again."