Book 1 - Act 4: War in the North

The Fellowship is broken, the Ring Bearer slain by treachery, and the One Ring has fallen into the hands of Saruman of Many Colors. The War of the Ring rages out of control and all the Free Peoples of Middle-earth tremble in fear at what the future might hold.

Run by Vardaen the Grey Wizard
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Hearing that Riv has fallen throws Dobo into a fit of rage. "What? Master Riv?" Dob stands up and slams both hands down upon the table as hard as he can. "NO! SENSELESS MURDER!"

The dwarf growls, beginning to collect his gear immediately. "I will find this Grey Boar, and I shall cave in his skull!" The dwarf does not seem likely to relent easily and he prepares to march off to war, by himself, if necessary.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Beravor reaches out, "Master Dobomar, that is unwise. We have been on the hunt for this man, The Grey Boar, and we have found no trace of him. What we have discovered is that some point in the fighting when the Noldor of Rivendell arrived he was attacked by his Uruk-Hai captains and fled. He was long gone from the battle before even the Black Riders were pushed back and away." She doesn't move from her chair, her leg keeping there, "However know that the Dunlending known as TetNak is forming a hunting party to go after him. It will take them a while to be ready, there is much to clean up, but if you wish to hunt this Grey Boar down you may do well to speak to him first."

She sighs, "So much death, and of the fair little folk too, it hurts my heart to know so many hobbits have perished."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Trogdor » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:54 pm

"I as well," Faladril says with great sadness in his voice. "They represent innocence, and it's hard to see that innocence destroyed. Riv was a good companion. I grieve his loss as I do that of all who fell in the defense of Bree - hobbits, men, elves, and dwarves alike."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Grimbold » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 am

Athelstan is still weak, and when he hears of the deaths of so many, he stops chatting and becomes somber and withdrawn. "Death! Death!" he sometimes mumbles but otherwise, he remains silent and slightly sullen.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 pm

"We've searched for any traces of him after the battle was over there was nothing to be found. But I did not know about the incident that he was attacked yet," Saelirneth says, the loss of Riv and all the halflings he brought to the fight being slain. The elf puts a hand on Athelstan's shoulder as he mumbles.

"At least we know that the Grey Boar has been running from his own troops. If we can actually find him again I do not know. Despite our desire to see him dead I cannot say if he should our focus now. THere is no army that threatens this land we should be looking to see there will not another one rise. And if he is doing that we may come upon him too. But those are just my own thoughts," she adds but does not speak out that she'd rather drive an arrow into the Grey Boar's heart. And if there was a trace she would join Dobo within a heartbeat.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 pm

"Aaaargh!"

Dobo jerks away from the ranger and barrels out the door in anger.

He leaves the others for the time being, tears streaming down his cheeks and a wave of emotion setting over him. He does not leave Bree though, finding a project that he can help with, like cleaning up or helping repair the gates. The dwarf just tries to stay busy for the time being.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Beravor make no effort to stop Dobomar, "It is a hard won fight, but we did win. We must remember that, it could have been much worse. Think what would be if the armies of the Shadow had taken Bree? All the land around would be in deep sorrow and darkness. You should be proud of what you've done to save this land and its people."

She adjusts, her leg uncomfortable, "The Hobbits that remain of the Shire are preparing to return home. The dwarves of Ered Luin have promised to remain to rebuild, as have the elves of Lindon. Most of the Noldor from Imladris however are leaving soon. They are going to press the victory further, moving north and east into the Ettenmoores and the Cold Fells, perhaps as far north at Carn Dum to end the evil men and orcs that came down from there."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:15 pm

"It is a good thing that they do. It will keep any of the enemy from regrouping and posing another threat and I admit that I am of mind to join the Noldor, if only to be lucky enough to come upon the trail of the Grey Boar regardless of how slim the chance might be," Saelirneth says after seeing Dobo move and hoping he will not rush to find the one responsible of the assault on Bree all by himself. "However, I intend to see what task need to be done instead of following my own desires."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Beravor pushes to stand, "I should go. Faladril they will have need of your skill still if you could spare some time today." She looks at Saelirneth, "Why don't you come with me, I'm sure we could find some work for you. In fact anyone able, there is much to do still."

With that she leaves, taking anyone with her to places around Bree that need help. Burring the dead, helping the hobbits pack to leave, searching for dead or wounded among the rubble. Sending scouting parties to Archet, Combe and Staddle to look for survivors and plenty more.

You could spend a month here helping, but after weeks time things seem to be coming to a close for the visitors who arrived to aid in the defense.
What I'd like to do is FFWD a week, let you RP what you've been doing, then perhaps end the chapter there. My plan is to hook you and send you back to Rivendell (Elrond will be calling on you) and start up the next chapter at that point.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

The Aftermath of Battle

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:22 pm

"Of course," Saelirneth nods to the Ranger. The elf turns to Athelstan for a moment. "I know you want to get back on your own feet but I implore you to take anything you do as easy as possible. There's much to do but if your injuries get worse due to straining work it would be a wasted time. Do so when you have regained your old strength."

With worry for the Rohirrim plainly written across her face she bows down beside him to plant a kiss on his brow. A moment later she picks up her bow and is at the heels of Beravor.
I'm good with that. Do you want to be the "what we did" post instead of this one? I can edit if so, no problem.