Chapter One, Part Three - Kelmarane and Environs

The sands of the desert are unforgiving, and those who show weakness rarely survive.
Beset by gnolls and genies, can the heroes stop a wish-maddened warlord from raising one
of the infamous Spawn of Rovagug, a living holocaust cast down millennia before? In order
to do so, they'll need to brave sand, flame, and the terrors of the Outer Planes—yet the
forces at work against them are limited only by the reach of their imagination.
And the enemy has had thousands of years to prepare...

The Legacy of Fire Adventure Path begins in the desert nation of Katapesh, where
the heroes must attempt to retake a conquered town from a pack of fearsome gnolls.
From there, the trail leads to the fortress known as the House of the Beast, an ancient
map-world created by one of the most powerful wizards in history, and even the
legendary City of Brass on the Plane of Fire. A Paizo Adventure PathAs told by Sha'ir Trogdor
veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Re: A Rescue in the Dark - Round 3

Post by veritas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 am

Seeing that Khadeeja and Krangrimdar seem to have the closest gnoll in hand, Aakif moves to help the former prisoner.
move 5NW to flank with Fatimah

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 am

So confused right now so we'll just go with what you put down to keep us on track...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Zak continues to push forward and then plants his feet recalling his favorite spell.
Move Wx2 then cast Acid Splash on #4

coynor
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coynor » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Right after killing the gnoll, Krangrimdar faces the next one, hacking and slashing with his waraxe.
If I am out of the pesh field, free step N to get flanking bonus, then attack with axe and shield n. 4.

If I am still in difficult terrain, attack with axe and shield and then move if the gnoll dies.
- Cadoran - Krangrimdar -

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: A Rescue in the Dark - Combat Over

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Now fully engaged in the fight, the heroes finally come to their own. Zak burns one of the gnolls with a well-placed splash of acid, while Samrah practically tears another gnoll to pieces.

Khadeeja misses as she trips on a pesh root, but then so do the two remaining gnolls, their earlier bravado having completely evaporated.

At this point, it's all over. The gnolls simply don't know that yet. Aakif moves up to aid the prisoner, arriving just as she fells the last remaining gnoll facing her.

Meanwhile, Krangrimdar steps farther into the clearing and cuts down the last remaining gnoll. At last the night is silent once more, as the sounds of battle die away. The prisoner is saved, and now introductions should be made.
Zak moves and casts Acid Splash on G4 (-4 into melee): 19; hit for 1 damage

(You didn't post for Samrah - I assume an attack is in order.)
Samrah full power attacks G5: 16; hit for 8 / "20" (6, regular hit); hit for 7 / 21; hit for 11; 26 total damage - very, very DEAD.

Khadeeja attacks G4: "1" (24, normal miss); miss

G4 attacks Krangrimdar: "1" (10, fumble); miss and drops weapon

G1 attacks Fatimah: "1" (16, normal miss); miss

Aakif moves to aid Fatimah

Fatimah attacks G1 (I'm assuming this to push things along): 25; hit for 8; DEAD

Krang moves N and attacks G4 (+2 flank): 22; hit for 10; DEAD
Aakif: 18/28
Fatimah: 17/34 [3 NL]
Khadeeja: 18/25

All others at full.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:22 am

Aakif moves forward to help the prisoner, only to find her burying an axe in the gnoll on her own. He looks about awkwardly for more enemies before sheathing his short swords and offering a hand to the woman.

"Err, well met. My name is Aakif, and these are my companions Khadeeja, Zak, and Krangrimdar. We serve Lady Alma of Katapesh. The lady's scouts spotted the gnolls leading you out here and thought you might be in need of aid, but it would appear that this is not the case, eh?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:39 am

Khadeeja's enraged, once more she's engaged in combat and done little more than swing her magical mace about to no effect. "Someone finds it funny to put me in these situations." She raises her hand into the air and chants a prayer to the Dawnflower sending out healing waves over the collected group, including the new girl.

Then he strides to join Aakif at Fatimah's side. "Greeting effendi, I am Khadeeja, Oracle of the Dawn Flower, Servant of Lady Alma and pleased to see another woman out here among all these sweaty men." She nods to the new woman.
Channel once I'm sure everyone is in range.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:38 am

Samrah pads over to Zak as he steps out of the dense pesh and the gnome climbs about his friend. Together they ride over to the stranger and listens as Aakif introduces them. "No one should have to suffer the end at the hands of a gnoll, glad everything worked out." Pointedly not commenting on their rescue .

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:12 am

"Iomodae bless you. I am Fatimah of the Lions of Senara. Though I fear the group to be much smaller than when it began. We were captured a short time ago and these beast I fear have been eliminating us slowly", Fatimah offers quickly to her rescuers then takes a deep breath to calm the adrenalin pumping through her veins. The young woman of absolute beauty continues.
"The gnolls have kept us prisoner for a short now, killing two of our numbers in as many days. I am sure they would have allowed me to join my friends if you had not happened upon us. One more still lives of our number and I must return to offer my aid. I would not burden you with such a task, but I must return". Fatimah reaches forward and begins searching the gnolls for her things unsure of their disposition...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Khadeeja listens to the woman, "We are here to defeat the gnolls, it would seem our purposes are one and the same. Come back with us to our camp and in the morning we can take the fight to the gnolls. You have been inside the Battle Market then? You may provide us with a lay out and information that will allow us to come out of this victorious."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring