[9712] First Steps, Part 1: In Service to Lore

On Golarion, the world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, the Pathfinder Society is an organization of explorers, vagabonds, sages, and treasure hunters determined to plumb the depths of the darkest tombs, and collect relics and lore from bygone ages. Every member shares one common dream: to contribute to the Pathfinder Chronicles, printed editions of secret lore coveted by the Society wherein only the most impressive finds and bravest exploits of the Pathfinders are immortalized.

In Pathfinder Society Organized Play, you play a member of the Pathfinder Society, seeking fortune and glory all over the face of Golarion. At the same time, your character works for one of the five competing nation-based factions, all with their own motivations and secret agendas.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Jumped!

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:24 pm

"Take what they have as spoils of war," Davic agrees. "Then let's be on our way."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 pm

The group goes through the gang's pockets as Kiwi remains seated upon top of the sorceress. She's enraged and curses at the gnome and the others, as she continues to threaten to kill them. Meanwhile, the others find a few items within the possession of the gang.
This was the last encounter, so here's the items list. Unfortunately, since you can't carry any of this over to the next adventure, it doesn't benefit you any at all. You *will* get the gold for beating the gang, just not any of their gear (like with all of the other PFS encounters)

We'll end this out with a little more RP, but the adventure session is basically over now. I'll create an OOC thread to discuss our 1st PFS scenario and things.

Deandre Dulay (cleric)
Shortsword, Dagger, potion of cure light wounds, potion of shield of faith, masterwork chain shirt, gray mask, unholy symbol

Halli Fosta (socerer, under Kiwi)
light crossbow, dagger, potion of cure light wounds, scroll of burning hands, scroll of shield, scroll of unseen servant, wand of disguise self, fan of pigeon feathers, pouch of trimmed fingernails

Larkin Weaver (guy who you noticed in crowd, tried to run away)
elixir of hiding, chain shirt, rapier, dagger, notebook of jokes, ink, quill, small hand puppet representing Lord Gyr

Ledford (halfing barbarian with funny mustache)
potion of cure light wounds, masterwork chain shirt, greataxe, block of wax in metal tin, fine comb with long handle, bottle of whiskey and four silver cups

*Everyone get 129gp* I will update your sheets
Note, you'll probably need to tie her up or knock her out (maybe a sleep hex) otherwise, she'll probably cast a color spray on your backs as you're leaving :)

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Misha surprised by her own daring draws her rapier and raps the sorceress on the temple with the pommel of her sword attempting to knock her out.
Non lethal coup de grace on the sorceress
"Come friends let us away."
She has no compunction about killing those who attacked her and if they heal may look for revenge but she won't go against the wishes of the party
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Wulfric continues to growl, even after sending the pitiful rogue flying against the alley wall. The large man quickly focuses his rage upon the prattling sorceress and stomps his way over towards her, ready to end her life. Suddenly, Misha slams the woman into unconsciousness with the pommel of her sword and the battle-hungry warrior suddenly freezes in motion, denied his kill. Ironically, Wulfric then begins to laugh out loud.

"Damn!" Wulfric proclaims admiringly in between chuckles. "Misha sure does pack a mean punch!" His brow now beading with sweat, the large Ulfen warrior begins to stagger, his blood-rage having subsided. Watching the others rummage through the brigands' belongings, Wulfric eventually reaches forth and snatches the bottle of whiskey found amongst the items.

"A toast!" he cries, "To celebrate our victory over these fools and to our having finished the last of the Pathfinders' tasks!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 pm

The group collects their belongings and knocks out the sorceress with a pommel to the head. The rest of their journey back to the Pathfinder Grand Lodge is uneventful, although some remain suspicious until they finally enter the gates of the lodge.

The sun is beginning to set and so the group makes their way to see the venture-captain Ambrus Valsin. You can see his office across the courtyard and as you approach, you spot another group leaving his office. As they leave, they smile and laugh and you overhear them talking about celebrating at Cayden's Hall, the "church" tavern for Cayden Cailean's followers and adventurers.

"Welcome, Pathfinders." He says as they enter his office. Looking up from his notes, he says. "Can I see your assignment list?"

The venture-captain sent out dozens of groups today and seems to not remember who this group of recruits are or what they were assigned to accomplish.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Davic, still holding the list, hands it over to the venture-captain. "All completed, sir," he says as he does so.
Truth be told, I can't remember who has the list. Might as well be Davic. ;-)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Venture-Captain Valsin looks over the list and sees that all four of the tasks are marked complete by the task owners. "Very good. Yes.." He says as he reviews the task list.

"Thank you for taking care of this assignment. I want to assure you that not every mission for the Pathfinder Society involves running errands about Absalom. You successfully completed all four of the tasks and I've heard back from each of my contacts to support this. You've proved your skills and responsibilities."

He looks up at them and spends a moment looking each of them in the eyes. "I have a new assignment that will take you beyond Absalom's unassailable walls that you can work on in the near future. There's another venture-captain who has a task she'd like you to complete. If you're up for a new challenge then meet back here in two days after you've had some time to celebrate your work."
Adventure ends.... I'll leave this open for some inner RP, so feel free to thank the venture-captain and leave the office, then feel free to talk in the courtyard to make plans or whatever.

If you want to continue the series and start Part 2, then we can talk about that in the OOC thread. I'd like to start Part 2 next week or whenever everyone has updated their characters, chronicles, day job rolls, etc.