Episode 1: Exit Strategy

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.

The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Run by the Spectre Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Departing Aite

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:40 pm

"I don't know," Kinney says honestly and shrugs. "If you asked me yesterday I'd have said: 'Put so many rounds in the guy that the metal block's scraped away.' But time passes and anger settles. The thing is, what he stole was not just any artifact but a Prothean one. If that thing is hidden and he knows where it is, it may be lost. And as much as I enjoy to shoot someone as much as the next guy," she smirks. "I certainly don't want to be the one who lost a thing like that. You know yourself what Prothean artifacts have done for humanity."
GM edit Promethean to Prothean
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Knight nods and relaxes in his chair, leaning back and rubbing his eyes as if a very long day has finally caught up with him.

"If you need another hand, I might as well help you out. It's not like I have anything more important on the docket, right? For now, I think I'm going to take the opportunity to rest up. Wake me up if we get waylaid by pirates en route."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:56 am

"Well the good thing is that he can't hide in the Perseus Veil forever. Either he'll run out of supplies, find some unfriendly geth, or other desperate outlaws. Or he'll go for his next target, wherever that may be." The engineer is idly tapping away at his new Omni-tool, changing the settings to personalize it to his liking. "Regardless, he'll expose himself again. If we can learn more about him, we might be able to get the jump on him when he makes his next move."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:24 pm

"But for now having some downtime on the citadel and maybe grabbing a few drinks sounds pretty good. Don't get me wrong I still want a piece of the guy that wiped out my crew but I could use some downtime too." Anar smiles, "And hey the first few rounds are on me."
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 pm

The ship travels for the next few days through the cluster until it reaches the Mass Effect Relay. Without the Relays there would be no galatic civilization. It is through these that ships are flung millions of lightyears acorss the galaxy in the matter of moments. Your captain's voice comes over the com telling everyone to strap in. You hunker down ready for the relay.

Power surges about the ship, your hair stands on end, and someone almost throws up, you never really get used to this feeling of having no mass at all. The blue nova effect begins and you are flung across the galaxy toward the Citadel in a split second!

The ship drops out of the Relays effect and returns to normal travel. People get their barrings as out of the port side viewport you spy the Citadel up ahead.

For those that haven't played the game, watch the Mass Relay video on YouTube here.

http://youtu.be/qPxw5QjxhIs
So ends Episode 1. Episiode 2 will take us to the Citadel and beyond. Everyone should be leveled to 4th as well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring