Episode 1: Exit Strategy

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.

The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Run by the Spectre Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Almost at the Volus

Post by Hayabusa » Mon May 27, 2013 8:34 pm

"I did enough disreputable work with the Blue Suns," Kinney shrugs but the whole Red Sand-situation makes her feel a itchy and it shows. She pulls out a small, unmarked plastic bottle. "I'm a marine. Improvise, adapt, overcome. If none of you wants to do it then that's it. But if this comes back to bite us in the ass then it is not my fault. And depending on what Dakni Kur knows about the turian then... well, if he had -any- part in this then you should not walk in there with me. And if anyone has the odd notion to imagine that that turian will escape this hunt alive. No. No, he won't. And so will no one else who participated in the massacre."

"And the system does work," Kinney says to Knight but she does not elaborate why she thinks so. "But here we're not inside it."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Raik Anar has been watching the back and forth here and decides it's time for him to weigh in. "We need the volus and his ride. I'm not going to try to hit him while we need him to help us get after the Turian. There is no percentage in getting on his bad side if he finds out and less if we win and drop this place even further into anarchy as his lieutenants fight over Dakni Kur's chair." He pauses and looks around the group, "I've been a merc for a while now and have done some pretty unpleasant things including the attack on the Banners today and while I don't like Red Sand I realized early on that we were making a deal with the devil to get a ship off-planet. Let's give the man his stuff and get us (and your friends) off of Aite and headed towards civilization."
Well this was something interesting to come back too.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 pm

"Very well," Selena says in a calm voice. "If the Volus betrays us and I'm killed, I hereby forgive you and agree that neither I nor my heirs will hold you responsible." She smiles. "I agree with Raik. The Volus has played fair with us thus far. Yes, he's a criminal. But so far he's been the only one willing to help us. Yes, it was for a price. But he was up front about the price, and for good or ill, we agreed to pay it. I'm not going to renege on that deal now, just because I've decided I don't like what business he's in. I knew that before we started, and don't have the luxury to change my mind."

"Like Raik said, lets' close the deal and get off-planet as quickly as we can. The sooner we leave Aite in our dust the better, so far as I'm concerned."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed May 29, 2013 5:46 am

Knight can't help but to crack a smile and chuckle slightly at Serena's comment.

"I maintain that it was the drugs that made everything different, if you all knew about that then I wish someone would have told me a few months ago. Regardless, let's get this over with."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 30, 2013 4:43 am

Bata'Vek breathes a sigh of relief. "Good, good. We get off the planet, head for someplace safer, like the Citadel or something. The Alliance embassy sure didn't give one shit about us, and were more than happy to cover up the attack on our mining base. If we screw things up with the Volus, we're hosed. Let's just keep our wits about it, keep up our end of the bargain, and make sure he keeps his."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu May 30, 2013 2:11 pm

"Well, a large part of us isn't part of the Alliance though I hoped they would at least look at the mining facility," Kinney shrugs, thinking that they're all insane to still put faith in a man who does not even tell his own subordinates what kind of dealer his is. "Maybe we should have taken some footage of the destruction, which is something I intend to do before we leave Aite. A short detour and half hour shouldn't be something that screws our trip up."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12

Post by thehitcat » Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 pm

"Fine by me, though I would be happy to never see that mine again. So are we ready to see the Volus?" Anar looks around to see if there is any further dissent. If not he continues to plod on toward their rendezvous.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Dakani Kur's Warehouse

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 30, 2013 6:30 pm

The group decides to keep their word, even if they don't like the Volus. So Knight leads the last few blocks to Dakani Kur's compound. You are expected and taken through the yard past the armed guards and the various buildings. You are brought into a staging area, a warehouse loading dock type place where the volus has his shipments packed up. A few shuttles sit at the dock. You notice the place is on high alert, there must be a score of guards, including Solaria Ro one of his top agents (and a real Bitch if you as Knight).

Kur is pacing back and forth, he's obviously up set as he keeps tossing his hands in the air, and is sputtering. Laid out on a table are the five packages you recovered for him, opened, and riffled through. Someone cues him into your arrival. "<Choo> Where is it?!" He points at Knight and you realize his guards have turned to level their weapons at you. "<Choo>" He shouts this time through his breather, "I SAID WHERE IS IT?!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Dakani Kur's Warehouse

Post by Trogdor » Thu May 30, 2013 6:36 pm

"There's no need to raise arms against us," Selena says coolly, reflexively raising her barriers. "We've done as you asked and recovered the box. It's right here."
I'm not sure who is actually holding the box.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Dakani Kur's Warehouse

Post by thehitcat » Thu May 30, 2013 6:53 pm

"The Banner's had moved it so we had to follow on to get it," Anar says wearily. "Now let's deal so we can get off this hell rock."
Bata probably but Anar is happy to take it from him and step forward with it if you prefer. I probably have the most armor plate on :)