Episode 1: Exit Strategy

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.

The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Run by the Spectre Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Dakani Kur's Warehouse

Post by Hayabusa » Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Kinney doesn't reply to anyone at this point. Clearly they are at a disadvantage and there's nothing they can do about it right now.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 pm

Knight maintains his icy glare, but his voice is cool and steady. He makes no threatening movements as he speaks.

"You're correct, our time together is up. I have to return the feeling, I did like you as well. I assume that the red sand was always in the plan."

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Raik hands the recorder to Selena so she can hand it over and steps back away from the cloud of red sand dust. He looks back at Kinney, "We're seriously outgunned lets just get our ride and get out of here."
Sorry guys had a family thing comeup and wasn't on Friday-Sunday looks like I missed some fun. :) I was out not trying to ratchet up the pressure.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Kinney puts down the shotgun, letting it fold and lock again but she's far from happy about it. "While you check it out there's the other matter you promised to tell us about: The turian. Who is he and what's he been doing here? Who hired him?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Kur gives a loud exhale and steps forward and takes the black box flight recorder. He hands it to one of his techs who hooks it up to a computer nearby and starts to read through it, checking its status. "<Choos> I'm glad to see your earthclan have come to understand the situation." He receives a nod from his tech and then nods back to Kinney. "<Choo> The Turian, oh yes, he is not one to cross. I learned his name was Saren, killed a half dozen people while he was in Andraste, before hiring on his Batarian thugs. He "acquired" a ship from a local merchant, paying in blood. He's a mad man, a powerful biotic, and not one to cross. <Choo> I believe he was heading to the Perseus Veil after he left Aite. I tell you this, I would not wish to cross him. If you are going after him, then you are dumber than I first thought, but I wish you luck."

His man comments the box is good, and Dakani Kur nods, "<Choo> Your ship is fueled and ready, space dock 345-F, they are expecting you. Your companions are already aboard. Good bye."
The Perseus Veil is a huge nebula of opaque gas and dust that separates geth space from the Terminus Systems. After the Geth War with the quarians, the geth isolated themselves behind the Veil, far from the eyes of organic races. The Veil is almost impossible to scan through or navigate, meaning no one knows exactly what the geth are doing beyond it. Exploring near the Perseus Veil is exceptionally dangerous, but some risk it because there are sometimes rich salvage pickings nearby. The Perseus Veil takes its name from the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way.

As vast in natural beauty as it is in threat, the purple and gold nebula called the Perseus Veil forms the natural border between geth space and the Terminus Systems.
The Veil's total opacity prevents Council intelligence from surveying geth activity. Theoretically, the geth could be preparing a devastating attack against which the Council could be defenseless, or the geth could have died out, so that the defense budget against them could be gaining the Alliance nothing but economic ruination.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Raik Anar begins to back away from the meeting not willing to put his back to the many gun toting hoods Dakni Kur has with him. "Perseus Veil," he thinks to himself, "that means the Geth as well." Suddenly pursuing this 'Saren' seems like a true suicide mission, "Perhaps we should talk about this once we get to the shuttle," he says.
Last edited by thehitcat on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:45 pm

"I think that's a very good idea," Selena replies. "I'm all for making the people behind that attack pay. But I'm not suicidal about it."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:45 pm

"Yes, good bye," Kinney replies, hoping that this has been the last time she sees the volus. Despite his nice inventory she still finds Dakni Kur very questionable but his gun-welcome has put her mind off any further purchases from the guy. She thinks about Saren and the Perseus Veil. To the human it is pretty much out of the question to pursue the turian into the Perseus Veil. But she does not bring it up until they're out of the volus compound. "They're on the ship...," she trails off, wondering how Clink, Farfally and Matherson ended up on the transport after they brought them to the embassy.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:05 am

Bata'Vek goes cold at the mere mention of the Perseus Veil. Not even his people, the Quarians, dare scout there. They were driven from their homeworld by the accursed geth, but not even the most rabid zealots have dared lead expeditions near geth space. The Migrant Fleet might be impressive, but none of the ships are expendable. "I fear that this Saren character has escaped us completely. No sane captain would pilot his ship there."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Kinney had the same intention as Anar to wait and speak about it until they're on the ship but since everyone's already talking about it she chimes in. "Yes, the Perseus Veil is not a place where we can pursue anyone, even if we had our own ship, which we don't. Though I agree that the pursuit is out of the question, I don't intend to completely break off the hunt. Because there is nothing else for me to do after Exo-Geni and that was pretty much my last straw," the human shrugs resigned. "So what we could do is carry what we have to someone who cares about it and then, if you want to discontinue a hunt that hasn't started, that's fine. I'll probably just look into this Saren and see if he pops up somewhere again."