Episode 1: Exit Strategy

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.

The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Run by the Spectre Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Dakani Kur's Warehouse

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:51 pm

The group backs out of the warehouse, everyone still wary of Kur but with no other choice. Back in the streets the talk of the Perseus Veil elicits the same response from most people - fear and a strong desire to not go there. Right now however you need to get of Aite and with that in mind you head to the spaceport. Finding launch port 345-F you navigate the customs officers, the guards, the various people that would have robbed you blind to get on a ship. After a good three hours you finally are on board a small shuttle craft. Seated inside are your three civilian friends Clink, Farfally and Matherson. They looks happy to see you, giving hand shakes and smiling.

Clink is the first to chime in, "Welcome aboard, they told us you arranged this flight for us. Thank you, that Embassy was about as useful as a a pair of Hanar Boots. That was until some Volus came along and told us you arranged this ride for us." After a few minutes of getting settled the pilot flips on the seat belt sign and the engines start to hum. You are flown up into the space through the atmosphere. It doesn't take too terribly long before the shuttle docks with a larger ship a Turian Shuriken Class transport vessel.

You are herded off the shuttle into a small passage area of the larger ship and the shuttle returns Aite. The ship doesn't have many accommodations, a bathroom, some seats and a video screen playing a few news feeds from various channels all about a week old. The engines hum, the lights flicker once, and you are on your way into deep space heading toward the Tassrah system. You're space flight will take three days to leave the Typhon system and reach the Tassrah system within the Phoenix Massing Cluster. There you'll find a Mass Relay and access to the rest of the galaxy.
The chapter is coming to a close. Feel free to keep talking, etc, but the ship will take you to the Mass Relay and then on to Citadel Space from there. We'll just start up the next chapter as you arrive at a Citadel?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:31 pm

"Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see the last of Aite," Selena muses. "Let's just hope that the Citadel cares more about what happened than the local authorities did."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:50 pm

"I don't know but I kinda liked it. Apart from how it ended, of course," Kinney replies. calmly. "And I have no idea how this is going to end. You saw the statement yourself where they said they closed the facility and released everyone from their contract. They could just try to make -us- look like maniacs, some disgruntled, crazy employees." The human think about anyone using her own records to support that kind of argument. "And even then, it is a human-operated facility outside Citadel space so the responsibility lies with the System Alliance, I'd assume."

"It is good to see you guys," she says to the three other survivors, wondering if Geno's alright after his breakdown earlier. However, she does not touch on the issue with the volus being able to get them out of the SA embassy and onto the shuttle. "It's not really a surprise though that you ended up on a trip back without the embassy's support. They didn't seem very excited to see any of us at first."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:50 am

Knight frowns, unhappy about the entire thing and still suspicious of the current situation.

"Something about all of this smells wrong. I can tell you now that the Citadel is likely to only bring disappointment. I'd suggest addressing the human ambassador, Udina, rather than the Council. They'll express condolences and tell you there's nothing to be done as it's outside Citadel space. Udina may be able to get something done from within the Systems Alliance, though."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: Departing Aite

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:32 pm

"It just doesn't smell wrong. It is wrong," Kinney replies to Knight. "A message was sent out that the facility was closed the day before the attack. And even then, so far it may just have been some raiders. The whole thing is outside of controlled space." She grins for a moment. "Yes, instead of going to the Citadel Council, we'll go to the human ambassador. I'm sure either of them would be thrilled to meet with a former low-level security guard, a merc, and a bright researcher and a smart engineer, Knight. What're you going to do now? With your employment over, I mean?"

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Knight shrugs, his face contorted in frustration.

"Honestly I don't know. Maybe I'll do some more mercenary work. Hell, maybe I'll join the military for that matter. How about you guys? This guy you're chasing seems to be out of reach. What are you going to do after you turn your evidence over to the authorities?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:23 pm

"Well, you could come with us. I intend to turn in the stuff we have, see how it's going to turn out then look into this Saren character," Kinney shrugs. "Maybe something turns up, then I will pirsue that. If not... I don't know. Unfortunately the path I wantedo go ended up in the worst way. And I don't mean Suns or ExoGeni." She looks a bit at loss for a moment. "Maybe I will drink too much. Anar and I still want to do that, I hope. Maybe I will look for my father. There may still be a bounty on his head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:52 pm

"I'm all for going after these folks," Selena says. "If it's possible." She shrugs. "I was set to stay on Aite for another ten years or so. No one's expecting me before then. I could easily take a year or two off to follow this up and see what I can do to track down the people who killed all the miners. I might not turn anything up, but I feel I ought to at least try."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 pm

"Yes, that is pretty much the idea behind it. We cannot access the Perseus Veil but he must have some connections," Kinney replies to Selena. "He hired batarian mercs somewhere and the knowledge about the artifact must have reached him somehow so with some effort and money we, and by that I mean anyone who'd want to partake, can find out some things. Hopefully. Maybe."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:59 am

Knight looks at the two women appraisingly, seemingly unsure of something.

"And if you find these people that are responsible, what then?"