Episode 2: The Citadel

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.

The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Run by the Spectre Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: The Moulari: A Four Day Trip

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 am

Bata'Vek is in an excellent mood throughout the journey, especially after he gets asked to help with the maintenance work on the ship. Quarians feel most at home in space, and being able to use his skills for the furtherance of intergalactic travel reminds him of the Migrant Fleet. He is all smiles, and looks forward to seeing the facilities on this Pinnacle Station.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Pinnacle Station - Welcome Aboard

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 am

For some reason I was waiting on Anar, but that's thehitcat and he's gone for now it seems. Sorry about that.
The group heads up to the door, Anar and Selena in the back. The large Krogan hasn't been too much trouble on the trip, a bit of cabin fevor was setting in but then you arrived and it all slipped away. He winks at Selena and pats his firearm on the side he has strapped on. He's wearing his armor now too, generally he has it on even when there was no cause.

The door opens and something comes bouncing down the passage. Then it explodes into a billowing mass of smoke. In a split second the hold and airlock is filled with thick cloying smoke making it nearly impossible to see. You hear a quick volley of gun fire, and Bata'Vek, Knight and Kinney are all hit with something -- like being pelted with fruit.

A voice calls out, "Hold! No body move!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Pinnacle Station - Welcome Aboard

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:01 am

Yeah, I was hoping he'd show up soon too.
"Relax," Kinney says and raises an arm instead of a weapon, which probably is a better choice considering where they are. With her other hand she checks what has been used as projectiles. "We come in peace."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:16 am

As soon as the smoke grenade goes off, Jason's sidearm is in hand. He fights with the smoke to get some idea of what's happening only to get hit by.. what is that anyway? Thoroughly confused, he simply waits for whatever it is to stop or give him something to shoot.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:48 am

Bata'Vek isn't much concerned about whatever gas this is, at is has to be pretty nasty to get past his environmental filters. "A spec-op training camp. Of course. I should have expected as much. We got ambushed like a group of cadets."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:34 pm

"Damn right you did!" The voice booms out in reply to Bata'Vek. "And everyone one of you is dead." A moment later an exhaust fan kicks on and the smoke clears. The three up front look down and are covered in bright orange target paint on their chests, a killing shot each and everyone one.

Standing in the air lock are three figures. Two Salarens with paint rifles in hand, they wear medium combat gear, visors down, able to see through the smoke. They are laughing with one another as they schooled you. The last is a human male, "Welcome to Pinnacle Station, we'll need to work on your ambush readiness." In his hand is an OSD and he's scanning it over. "Let's get a head count..." one by one he checks you in. "I am Admiral Tadius Ahren, Sir to you. Let's get you aboard and settled in and then we can start you on your training, you obviously need it." Tadius is an older man, with a look of a hard fought veteran to him. "Come on newbs, let's go!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:23 pm

"I apologize, sir," Kinney says. "I thought it would be unwise to carry active firearms on an Alliance transport." And follows the Admiral's signal immediately. She does not feel too bad about the ambush. After all, they know nothing about this place and greeting a welcome party with a rifle in hand could not have been the wisest of ideas either, she thinks and shrugs.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Selena steps out from behind the bulkhead she was sheltered by and shows herself, remarkably paint-free. "Good day, Admiral Ahren. I'm Selena. It's a pleasure to be on board Pinnacle Station." Then she walks over to where the admiral indicated they should stand.
By way of explanation, as I was posting our arrival, it suddenly occurred to me that it might be an excercise/trap/etc., so I PMed V to say I was preparing myself for possible attack from the door. I thought about making a general warning to everyone, but really the impulse came to me at the very last minute, and I figured I'd barely have time to protect myself.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:19 am

Knight lets out a long sigh as the smoke clears and everything calms down. He reholsters his sidearm and moves on through quietly.

Knight remembers the training for C-SEC all too well, and while he chides himself for not being ready for the ambush-and really he should have thought about it-he knows that during these first few days the most important thing will be to be quiet and pay attention.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:34 am

Bata'Vek tries to wipe off the paint on his chest, gives up, and follows after the group. Nothing he says will make this less awkward or humiliating, so he just lets it go. All he can do now is to not make the same mistake twice, and prove himself later. They weren't the first group to be suckered like that, and they won't be the last.