Episode 2: The Citadel

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.

The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Run by the Spectre Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Tech Officer Alud Ochren

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:59 pm

"Yes, sir," Selena replies. "Are we allowed to know what scenario we'll be using today?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:01 am

The Turian shrugs, "I don't know it. I wasn't told. Maybe Ochren knows."

Ochren overhears and holds up a wiggling finger, "No no you can't know not the first time. Top secret a test to see how you do in a surprise situation. Sorry ask the Admiral if you want to know more but he won't tell you."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:48 am

Kinney does not say much as she creates a profile for herself though she thinks it is a bit odd to do that for oneself, half-expecting that her former service record will show up there as well. Only when the talk turns to the upcoming simulation does she look up. "Are we supposed to use live ammunation for that? I'd have expected anyone to come check our gear to see if it's not... well, dangerous. We could be bringing aboard explosives you would not want us to use. Though I would not be surprised if you guys already know all about our stuff."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:54 am

Bata'Vek stretches his long fingers, twiddling them to keep them limber. "Sounds just like our experience at Pinnacle Station so far. I guess we'll just have to survive and adapt." He takes the extra few minutes to double-check all of his equipment, and prime his Omni-tool for combat operations.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:54 pm

"That's why I asked if we were allowed," Selena says in reply to the wagging finger. "I figured we might not be. But it seemed silly not to at least ask."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:08 pm

The Salarian waves his hand at you to go away, "Someone will tell you all the rules. Let me be or I might forget to turn on the safety protocols for your simulation and kill all of you on your first try."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:57 am

"Alright, alright," Kinney replies, not going to hassle the Salarian anymore. "I just wanted to ask the creator if someone wants to deal with radiated projectiles during maintenance or whatever." The human shrugs.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Selena simply nods silently and moves along.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 am

Bata'Vek makes his retreat tactfully, giving the Tech Officer a thumbs up. He looks sheepishly at the others, and dodges out of the presence of the irritable Salarian.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:56 pm

"Anyway, lets get to the simulator and appear a bit overeager to get beaten," Kinney says, pickung up her weapons and mounting them on her armor.