General Discussion

Here is where any rules questions and other out of game conversations shall take place.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

General Discussion

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:24 pm

You might want to take the time on this thread to start ping-ponging character designs and party roles with one another.

As any good super-hero party, most roles seem to be best grouped together in the following manner:

Tank - Blaster - Controller - Utility (lil bit of everything)

Sadly, no clerics in Marvel :lol:
Last edited by Eanwulf on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Character Discussion

Post by Shurijo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

I don't know if my char concept fits into one of the above four archetypes. I'm shooting for more of a scrapper (in terms of CoH archetypes).

Character will have a couple mutant powers, but use normal gear/weapons for attacks.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm looking at a Blaster/Utility type

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm still playing around with power selection. I had my char spec'd out in M&M, but the powers and mechanics are a bit different here. Also, I'm modifying my initial concept to fit in better with the setting :)

If we don't have a 'tank' then I can play around with my powers a bit to become a light tank/scrapper type character. Nothing like the Hulk, but maybe someone who should be able to get into hand-to-hand with the enemies.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 pm

thehitcat mentioned playing a martial artist of some kind. Two scrappers = one tank in CoH ;)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm looking at a Shang Chi/Karate Kid/Iron Fist kind of dude. A man with a different fighting style for each attack.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Cool. I'm shooting for something like Deadpool, Agent X, or someone from the Weapon X project team. Regen power, but uses swords/guns for fighting.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:46 pm

thehitcat wrote:I'm looking at a Shang Chi/Karate Kid/Iron Fist kind of dude. A man with a different fighting style for each attack.
Make him 9 yrs old and call him Lil Buddha !!!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm looking at playing an alien with Darkforce Manipulation. Leaning towards an Inhuman come down from the Blue Area of the moon to help Earth fight the Skree despite a strong isolationist feeling among most Inhumans.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:13 am

I think my guy is probably going to be a "Utility" type with a variety of powers. I've sort of glanced through the powers list and I'm not sure how well it works with what I had in mind for the character. Eanwulf, can we run ideas for new powers by you?

Also, Trog, I don't think we're playing in the Marvel Universe--just using the ruleset.