General OOC Stuff and Chatter

This is a place for OOC conversations regarding the Against the Giants game.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: General OOC Stuff and Chatter

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Choj should be able to bring one other with us.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 am

I agree with at least starting with stealth, be more of a surprise for the giants if the fireballs start flying inside the fortress.
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:44 am

I'm going to be out for a week plus now, so whatever the others decide I'm cool with. Hoping when I return we are in a fight.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:18 am

Stealth is good, count Oana in as a volunteer for stealthyness.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:53 pm

So this game is done right? Eanwulf you posted in your Zen thread being tired of the game, not sure how, we didn't even do anything yet. Are we playing this or not? I'm getting tired of joining games only to have them end 3 month into it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 am

If you read the posts properly Vard, I simply stated that I was tired of the system (not the game or players) and that I was torn and didn't know what to do about the game itself. I apologize that if after 30 yrs of playing the same old stuff (D&D - no matter what anyone says PF is still D&D) that I was getting burned out on it. I also apologize if I do indeed wind up stopping the game. No one likes to see games they like end, but sadly it's part of each of our lives. I've seen many a GM and/or player lose a game they liked simply because interest was no longer there. You yourself just recently quit Mass Effect then started up several others. Tet has done similar things in the past as well as myself. It (the proverbial shit) happens no matter how much we like or dislike it. Interests change more often then naught then some of our own underwear does.

Right now however, I've been beaten like a dog with responsibilities 'outside' of leisure-time gaming. I have an ailing father, a mother whom needs me to help do the things the former is not currently capable of doing, a new work environ and management structure, etc. These in turn, only add further delay to the process of my decision making - but if you are so pressed as to 'need' an immediate answer, then by all means place the game on the back burner for now and graveyard it. After all, I can not MAKE myself run a game that I currently find little to no interest in using the rules which exist and are provided to run it with, that has to happen on its own. My biggest fear causing this lull of interest however, is that PF is (to me) slowly becoming nothing more than a re-hashed, re-phrased version of 3.5. I might be wrong, but it just feels that way to me and I'd rather focus my efforts on something that holds my complete interests as opposed to merely appeasing others and half-ass doing something I'd rather not be. The notion of sticking with D&D for 30+ years itself is staggering, I honestly don't know how or why I did it so long to be honest.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Ending a game is one thing, ending every game you've ever started and then starting up another game just to end it is getting old.

I'm dropping this and if you are ending yet another game please make it clear and let someone know so the 6 players aren't sitting around wondering what the hell is going on with the game which they invested all that time into.

I leave it to Trogdor who's in the game to finalize any ending of it you might or might not make. Still isn't clear to me, just hear more of how you life is crazy, but not anything concrete.