Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:30 am

works for me

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tsadok Goldtooth, the Hurricane King's First Mate

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Your crew is happy, they have gold in their pockets, and plenty of shore leave. However before you can relax and enjoy the port, you must petition for an audience with Hurricane King Kerdak Bonefist to receive a letter of marque and thereby become “legitimate” pirates—at least in the eyes of other Free Captains.

Rod arranges a letter, and the bribe, and its sent off through some rather uncertain channels. You can only wait and hope now that you were just robbed of all your plunder. So you spend a good night of fun and festivities. You talk up your exploits, and hear those of other ships, you learn a few rumors of a few more pieces of treasure you may want to set your sail's too.
When the morning arrives, which seems like months, you are met by a half orc Tsadok Goldtooth, the Hurricane King's First Mate down on the docks where you ship is moored. He arrives with a entourage of cronies, and many spectators gather to see what the King's First Mate is doing down on the docks. He calls up to your ship, "I am Tsadok Goldtooth, First Mate and representative of the Hurricane King himself to see the Captain and officiers of the Wicked Wench! Where be they?!" He calls from the dock up to the ship where you gather at the rail.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:15 pm

Roderick steps up to the railing. He is wearing his expensive coat and some precious jewelry. His fancy tricorn hat is on his head. He smiles at Tsadok. The courtly manner he was indoctrinated with as a child comes back to him naturally.
"I am Roderick Kassandro Hektor Malaspenos Flores Belmonte, Captain of the Wicked Wench, Sinker of the Deathknell and finder of Wolfe's treasure. These are my officers, without whom I would never have succeeded in aforementioned accomplishments."
He introduces each in turn.
"I am delighted to meet you, Tsadok Goldtooth. Would you care to join us for a drink aboard?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:09 am

Seroneth joins the captain in looking down upon the speaker. The Elf woman has spent a small amount of her own share of treasure in purchase of new clothing, including a striking deep purple coat and some tasteful, if somewhat plain, jewelry.
In the time before this, I'd like to spend say 150gp to spruce up Seroneth's outfit. Nice coat, some new clothes underneath, maybe a ring or set of earrings. I've subtracted it from my sheet.

I'm also going to apply one dose of perfume for a +1 Diplomacy modifier.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:13 pm

"Do you have so many names because you are only playing at being pirate? Hahahah." Tsadok shouts loudly, playing to the small crowd gathering. "No, I will not come aboard this floating bucket."

He spits at the water near the ship, "You have no sponsorship from a Free Captain, you are lucky I have been given leave to answer your call at all. I have no time to waste if you seek the audience, you will pass my tests. My tests shall begin now. Are you ready Fancy Jacket?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:40 pm

"The man does have a point" Flavinia smirks "About all the names and titles, it sounds like compensating for other deficiencies".

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:27 pm

"We could always find out," Seroneth suggests in jest, with a wink at Flavinia. More seriously she says, "Perhaps we should seek sponsorship."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:48 pm

"Well?! If you wish an audience you will pass my tests, here and now." The half orc's voice booms out, and the locals begin to gather. There is an nergy going through the crowd that is starting to gather. You hear them whispering and smiling, it seems they have seen these tests before and are eager to see them again, success or failure it will be entertaining.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:13 am

"What are your tests!" Seroneth interjects impatiently.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Rod grins at his officers jests, almost hoping he would be able to take them at their word. He shakes his head to free his mind from uncouth thoughts and joins the conversation again. "Yes, what are your tests?"