Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Toruk orders the broiled haddock and another ale.

He chuckles a bit, "Yes, other than the Red Mantis assassins..."

Toruk takes a drink and scans the crowd again before turning his attention back to Maggie, "Let me ask you a more serious question if I may...Have you ever heard of a ship called The Vile Sea Maiden?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm

"I knew a ship called The Fair Maiden," Maggie replies in her lilting brogue. "But not The Vile Sea Maiden, I'm afraid. But then, if it never sailed into Ilizmagorti, I'd have had no chance." She takes another pull of her drink. "Is she an important ship to you?"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 pm

In a lower tone Toruk says, "It's the main reason I have traveled here. My parents were crew members and I got word that it had been raided."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 14, 2013 10:12 pm

"Well there I'm afraid I can't help you," Maggie replies. "I've been in Ilizmagorti until just a couple of weeks ago. But in these waters it wouldn't surprise me to hear that a ship got raided. I'm sorry it had to be your parent's ship."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 pm

"Thanks...I intend to start asking around tomorrow morning."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed May 15, 2013 9:29 pm

"Will you be looking for work as well," Maggie asks. "Or will you even be staying here for long if your questions don't turn up any answers. She's only made one friend in town, so far, and she'll be sorry if she has to lose him so quickly.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed May 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Toruk thinks on her question over another swig of ale, "I will have to find work as the coins I have on me will not last forever. While I can't be sure where my questions will lead me, perhaps we could work together at this for a time?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Maggie absent-mindedly puts her hand to her chest, feeling for something hanging there - likely a coin purse. "I'm fairly low on coins myself," she says. I was counting on getting work of some sort tomorrow. But I'll tell you what, if I get hired by don't need to report immediately, I'd be happy to help you look for The Vile Sea Maiden.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 16, 2013 6:11 pm

"You filthy bastard!"

The shout rings out across the tavern room as a large red haired man with a full beard slams his fist on his table and then stands up. "You cheated!" The collection of men at the table were playing dice.

"Cheated? I never!" The other man is a lanky rat like man with a long handlebar mustouche and a tri corn hat that hangs precariously off his head. "I never cheat, you just are terrible at this."

"ARRRGH" The red haired man flips the table sending dice and coins and mugs scattering all over.

Someone shouts, "BAR FIGHT!", and the entire place erupts into a brawl of fists and flying mugs. Men leap at the chance, any chance to have a good old fashion pirate brawl and that is what breaks out. Fists to the face, brass knuckles to the guy, men slam mugs and plates into one another. One man is struck by a heavy wooden chair and knocked to the ground. No one draws a blade or a real weapon -- there is an unwritten code that says a bar fight isn't that sort of fight, and only the most vile of men breaks the pirate code.

A man, punched in the face hard by another staggers backwards and collapses on your table smashing it just a breath after you grab your mugs off it. The table flips and crashes down on the unconscious man as both Maggie and Toruk push back. You didn't even get your dinner yet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Thu May 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Toruk glances at Maggie, "We didn't even get our food..."

He grows angry and looks to the man who placed another into the table. With a clench of his webbed hand Toruk charges the man and plants his fist in his face. Toruk is a large individual so he beckons any other patrons who may wish to challenge him.