Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 17, 2013 11:29 pm

The man with the pin spins around as he's tapped on the shoulder by Roderick. "Are you joking?" He shakes his head and lays into the man that's bothering him. Isn't he surprised when the good looking Roderick actually knows a thing or two about protecting himself. The young noble man snaps his hands out and grabs the other man by the wrist and knocks the belaying pin to the side, and with a fist punches the offender right in the nose not enough to break it, but enough to send tears welling up into his eyes.
We are just RPing the fight, have some fun with it, but just a note Com Ex is -1 Att for +1 AC, for you with the trait it would be -0 Attack +1 AC (not +2)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat May 18, 2013 12:00 am

Seeing the three brawlers attack her new friend, Maggie calls out to them, "now don't you think that three against one is a bit unfair?" Then she does what any good friend would do in this situation. She launches herself at the flat-chested woman, looking to topple her over and pin her to the ground.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun May 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Roderick tips his hat to Maggie as she charges closer, before facing his opponent again.
Combat expertise: Yeah, I saw. Must have confused it with power attack - has a similar progression but +2 per -1.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon May 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Toruk attempts to crawl and get his back to a wall while trying to recover.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Maggie pouches on the flat chested pirate woman and bowls her over. The two start cat fighting, yanking at each other's hair, slapping and clawing, a few men pause in their own fights to gave a looksy.

Roderick tips his hat to Maggie and then squares off against his own foe. Toruk has just enough of a break to make it to the nearby wall and get back to his feet, his teeth clenched against the pain of being kicked in the pearls.

The brawl continues on like this for another few minutes until some idiot draws a knife. The unwritten rules of a good bar fight say you can use your fists, or elbows any part of the body even your teeth. They say a mug, a bottle over the head, even a club or a pair of brass knuckles isn't beyond the limits, but a blade? A blade is the end of things. Normally its some overly brash adventurer who thinks the only way to settle a fight is with his grandfather's magical dueling sword, or some itchy trigger fingered elven mage with a scorching ray. Some times a green recruit wanting to prove himself, or just a really really drunk guy, or a plain old idiot. This times its hard to tell it might be a combination of a few of them. Whatever the reason a man draws his short sword and that brings things to a new level.

The barkeep pulls out a wand from under the bar and starts shooting the Admonishing Rays about. Each ray makes impact with someone striking them with a blast of energy that is enough to knock someone out but not physically harm them. *blam* *blam* *blam* men and women are hit and knocked down and the man with the knife is hit first and sprawled out. Those he was facing pounce on him and drag him into the road.

A fight like this can only last so long, men are sprawled out on the floor, broken chairs and mugs all over the place. A few people that were fighting each other are now leaning on one another laughing and smacking mugs together sharing a drink.

For your part you have laid out your attackers, and they are now groaning and moaning on the floor. Toruk's pain isn't going to fade unless he has a few more drinks in him. The flat chested woman makes some off color comment about Maggie but the would be pirate lass just knocks the woman upside the head with the heel of her boot sending her into unconsciousnesses.

The fight is over, blood and the beer spilled every place, but it sure was fun....
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Maggie wipes a bit of blood from her lip with the back of one hand and uses the other to bring her hair into some semblance of order. Then, after readjusting her shirt, which had gone all akilter in the fight, she stiffly walks over to the remains of their table, grabs her duffel bag, and slides it under the nearest table that's both empty and at least mostly in one piece.

"I'm afraid I've gone and lost my drink," she says to Toruk with a laugh. "But as I remember, it was my turn to buy the round." She slumps into a chair with only a few winces and smiles. "It's been weeks since I've been in a fight like that. Gets the blood going, it does."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Mon May 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Toruk now on his feet but with a slight hitch to his stride makes his way over to the newly claimed table. With some lingering agony in his voice, "I have to say Maggie, seeing you launch and tackle that boy was worth the trip from Riddleport."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 20, 2013 8:55 pm

"Her mistake was posturin' to much," Maggie says, rolling one shoulder to work out the soreness. "When you're in a brawl, you fight to win. Doesn't matter what you look like when you're doin' it." She smiles. "But yea, the look in her eyes as I came at her was precious."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Rod makes his way to the table carrying three glasses of rum.

"Milady, sir! Mind if I join you? Got us some drinks. Cost me almost all the money I had left, I just have two silvers left now." The good looking man says cheerfully.

"Oh I am completely forgetting my manners. But it is easy to be forgetful in the presence of beauty. Anyway, my name is Roderick Belmonte, sailor in between jobs. Actually, I was named Roderigo, but out here on the sea, Roderick seems more appropriate." He hands them the drinks, smiling at both before turning to Maggie.

"Now, milady. What does a pretty lady like you do in such a place?"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 pm

"Nice to meet you Roderick Belmonte, my name is Toruk and this is Maggie. We actually met just prior this evenings entertainment..."

"Sailor in between jobs are you?"