Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

Post by Eilandor » Thu May 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Toruk looks at the others, "I'm not sure how glorious the Wormwood is, but everyone at this table is in need of work..."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri May 24, 2013 7:31 am

Whether it be the drink or an act, Appello speaks up in a slightly slurred bravado. "I am Don Appello Medicci. An accomplished rigging monkey and able seaman with a strong arm and eye for detail. If'n you be looking for those who can hold their own, then look no further as you have found what seek". As he talks he sizes up the recruiter...
Looking for hidden weapons and others who travel with him. I believe it would be a Perception roll...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 24, 2013 4:51 pm

The recruiter has just grabbed an old man up out of his seat. He has his hand around the man's collar and knocks the mug out of his other hand, "You yellow livered land lubber! Are you all there is in this place?" Then Appello speaks up and the scurvy pirate throws the old man to the floor with a powerful crash. The Wormwood recruiter walks OVER the old man stepping on him with his heavy boots causing the audible cracking of ribs and a scream of the poor soul. He makes a line for your table. "Well now, who do we have here?" He wears a boarding axe, a whip, and as Appello scans him another three daggers tucked away in boots and belt.

He stands regarding your table, "What a bunch of rejects at this table, hardly worthy of the glory of the Wormwood. You look the sort that's trouble on the sea, but your red haired lass here, she looks my type." He lips his lips and makes a thrusting motion with his pelvis a few times. "Wha'da say wench, care ta come take a ride on my Wormwood?" He winks, and smiles, and it just feels dirty, you are doing to need a bath after this.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri May 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Roderick gets up and speaks in a friendly tone. "If you are in need of good sailors, I think you have come to the right table. But we will all go where the lass goes, for we are her friends. She is no Formidably serving wench, she knows ships inside out and can do any job a man can do. She is my friend and a lady and you will see if you give us the positions as sailors, she (and all of us) will help add even more fame to your glorious and splendid ship."
Diplomacy, to flatter him a bit and be protective of Maggie at the same time.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 24, 2013 11:12 pm

"Fancy talk huh? You know how to pump the bilges and swab the deck fancy mouth?" He plops a boot on the back of Toruk's chair and leans, it starts to teeter the chair back some making the Undine spill his drink a little. "She looks mighty nice for a bed warmer, about all I have room for for a wench like her." He makes another rude gesture this time about the size of Maggie's breasts, pretending to fondle them if they were attached to his own body. "Who stinks around here?" He sniffs the air, "Oh must be this azure fish-fornicator. You looking for a free ride to Blue Balls?" He grins showing some rotten teeth.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 pm

"Thank you sir," Maggie says curtly, "We're not interested in the Worrmwood, as nice a ship as she may be." She looks down at the table, and takes a drink from her mug. Then she looks over at her new companions. "That's not the sort of ship we want to sign up on. I've seen their sort before back in Ilizmagorti. Not a happy ship."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri May 24, 2013 11:29 pm

"That settles the matter, mister. If she ain't goin' I ain't goin'."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Toruk looks at Maggie then over to Roderick, "Yes, I think that does settle the matter. Now I suggest you find another table to hassle because if you don't you will wish you came through the door with a few more than yourself."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 24, 2013 11:41 pm

"You red haired little bitch! I should show you the kinda ship the Wormwood is, would make you happy 'nough! Make you scream wit' happiness!" He again thrusts his pelvis about in a most foul manner.

He snaps his gaze at Toruk, "You'll regret saying that to Ol' Scourge your blue arsed porpoise pumper!" He sizes up the group, four of you, one of him, he doesn't press the issue, the odds here aren't to his liking. So he just backs up a few steps before turning his back on the group, "See you on the high seas, or in them, ha!" He heads over to the bar for a drink, and to ply his trade with others, before he leaves the place he manages to talk two drunks into joining the crew to their dismay come morning.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri May 24, 2013 11:45 pm

"Ship like that's a hellhole," Maggie says when Scourge is out of sight. "No one wants to be there, and anyone who is'll regret it before they're out of sight of land. My dad worked with some unsavory people in his time. But he wouldn't deal with the likes of him. They all went to the Rusty Anchor, and good riddance to 'em." She takes another drink. "We can manage better than that. I'll show you come tomorrow." Maggie nods her head in emphasis. "Tomorrow we'll find a real ship to serve on."