Book 1 - Act 1 - The Wormwood

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Aftermath - Victory at Sea!

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 am

"If there is something I can help you out with I can try. In any case, I do not worry much about not knowing her. She was a kitsune, good-natured mischief and trickery is what we all enjoy. And I definitely would do so here but that might end up with a dive along the barnacle-covered keel of a ship." Aya frowns when Toruk mentions Jaon as a captain. The barbarians lack of help during the crab-fishing is still in her mind. "Aye, if you want a captain that can snap you in two perhaps."

"Thanks, but it's still half full," she replies to the offer. "I am not a fan of rum. It's a bit too strong for my taste. I'd rather have a grog. But that I would take."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:19 am

Rod twirls around Maggie with skill, being polite and courteous and buying her some drinks.

"I have been to many parties in my youth, all decadent and disgusting. Girls with tons of make up and dressed in lace and satin, talking to Count whatsisname or Duchess soandso or Prince whoever but not a trace of brains or spirit, just talk and make up. Phew. I prefer this party. And I prefer my present company, lady Maggie!" He smiles, a bit drunk.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:28 am

Toruk laughs, "He could certainly do that. I imagine most seafaring captains are able to instill a bit of fear into their crew." Producing the widest grin he can while pointing to himself, "Does this look like a face that would cause fear!"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:31 am

"I don't look like I can instill fear but I do know how to do it and don't think I'd be too bad about it. You're just saying that because you don't consider it," Aya laughs, punching Toruk in the shoulder. Though the stature and strength of the girl is nothing that will hurt. "But no, it does not like something that would make a pirate piss himself in fear and cry for Besmara's pity. It's all words and threats and looking scary. And you have the built of it at least. I'm short and light and weak," she adds laughing. "You're tall and strong and heavy. But you know what? If you ever become Captain Toruk on your own vessel I'll gladly be your vicious first mate and whip your crew into obedience."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Rubbing his arm, "Well if it comes to that someday, I will hold you to your word. Aya, enjoy the rest of your evening. I am going to turn in."

Toruk makes his way to the galley. With the celebration and the rum flowing freely he hopes he can rummage around unnoticed.
Search Galley, if no one around
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Next 36 Hours

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Toruk and Aya finish up their conversation and Toruk heads down to the galley. He has the area mostly to himself as the rest of the ship is topside on the Man's Promise or the Wormwood. Toruk searches through the galley for a while before turning in later on in the evening. He turns up a few interesting things, and over the course of the next day heads back time and again, collecting fallen coins, a sword, noting Kroops other weapon collection, and finding some good Chelish brandy.
Toruk's Ship Actions: All 5 Ship Actions: Search the Galley

1. Good Lock
2. Three Bottles of good Chelish brandy (20gp Each)
3. Prosthetic leg made of wood and edged with silver brand (45gp)
4. Short sword
5. 12 silver pieces
Added to Loot Sheet

In addition: a trio of harpoons, a spear, and a grapple that clearly is Kroop's. These items aren't added to the loot list, as it would be obvious if you stole then, but I mention them here cause you've noticed them over the course of the adventure.

You could also sell anything the crew has if they wanted.

Meanwhile Aya returns to her self imposed solitude, but finds she's isn't alone. Watcher her from a corner of the ship is a small serpent. The snake, known as a sea krait, slithers out from the barrels and coils itself around Aya. Instead of being surprised, shocked or frightened, there is a calmness to the Kitsune, and she just watches the serpent, a common loneliness can be felt, and both sit together for a long while.

Aya's familiar has joined the game.

Rod and Maggie dance, and dance, at one point Pluck flies down and starts making a bunch of ruckus, as if to complain that Rod is dancing with his lady, but the green feathered bird is shooed away for now. The pirates are dishing out drinks, singing pirate tunes and generally being pirates who just made a heck of a haul. Everyone is having fun, Sandara, Crimson, Jain, Rosie on her fiddle, even Plugg and Scourge leave you alone and are off drinking and celebrating. You see the captain from time to time, shouting encouraging words, or dancing with the Master Gunner Krine. Grok and Kroop drink themselves stupid. A few folks give you trouble, sour looks, jealous comments about Maggie's amulet, or your share of the loot like Syl Lonegan and Jaundiced Jape, but over all its just 36 hours of pirate debauchery! You have to be careful or you might run into some pairs off in the corners of the ships making out, or fornicating. Its a none stop day and a half party for the Wormwood. For the crew of the Man's Promise that survived, they spend it locked up in the bilges.
I assume no one has any other Ship Actions. I want to move the scene along.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: The Next 36 Hours

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:26 pm

No, I'm good.
"Aye, I hope you do because anything less would be insulting," Aya replies grinning as Toruk leaves and she's alone again, aside from listening to the sound of cheering and the happy party.

"Hey there," Aya says, smiling to the snake but isn't entirely sure if the reptile even understand such an expression. "How long've you been waiting around here? Well, I guess you weren't too eager to join a fight either and looked for a bit of calm afterwards." The kitsune puts her hand on the deck with the palm up, more or less inviting the snake onto it.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Next 36 Hours

Post by Trogdor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Maggie gets drunk the first night of the partying, having a sort of wake for the fallen. But after that, she takes it easy. For much of the time she climbs up to the tops and just watches the sea, occasionally talking to Pluck to pass the time.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 pm

The party continues on the rest of the day, into the night and through the next day and into the second night. No jobs assignments, plenty of rum, songs, dancing, gambling, and other debauchery common on a pirate ship continues on and on as the crew blows off steam, but its not to last forever.

When morning arrives things are about to change....
So ends Book 1 - Act 1: The Wormwood!!!!

Nicely done guys. I have really been enjoying this game, even with the grind during the opening days of ship work. Unfortunately you don't level up again so soon, but it won't be long until you are 3rd level.

Watch for Book 1 - Act 2 to start up really really soon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring