Book 1 - Act 2 - The Man's Promise

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: HUZZAH! The Ship Be Yours!

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:59 am

"I sure as the hell I'll send you to hope that he will. You, him and that headless scumbag are responsible for the death of my friends," Aya replies angrily. She draws out her switchblade and snaps it open with the flick of her wrist. Crouching down beside the blood-spitting man the bard continues. "Tell Plugg that you and him can wait for your Harrigan to join you two in due time." The girl turns the blade upside down in her hand. "No need to reply," she concludes, stabbing Scourge in the throat once and pulling back the knife a moment later. She continues and her voice gets louder with each name she spits at the dying man. "Fyzzle. Appello. Barefoot Samms! Tilly! JACK! JAIN!" Only stopping when the last syllable has been spoken.

Standing up she holds the bloody blade in her hand. "Well, we got some fish to feed and a ship to prepare, I think. Would you kindly take care of the former, Davok?" She asks.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:52 am

Davok whips his blade off on the corpse in front of him before putting his weapons away. He shoots a grin at Sandara glad she is still alive."Aye Aye" he says to Aya as the massive man searches Pluggs body before lifting him and tossing him overboard to repeat the procedure with Scourge. Once finished he moves and stands over by Aya and Maggie with his arms crossed.
Search the bodies, pirates need their booty! Then toss them overboard.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 am

"Alright then," Aya says. "We got some fresh water on board of our boat and a couple other shiny things. Let's unload our booty and store it away." The bard strides over to Toruk, recalling that he knows about ship building. "Well, might be good to take a quick look around again and see that the damages are all fixed up and we won't sink two hours out to see." She looks for Sandara who said she'd take care of the wounded. "Who's dead and who'll make it?"

In the meantime she takes care of her own wounds.
CLW on self.
She thinks about what Scourge said in any case. "It's quite true. Harrigan will look for this ship. We ought to do something about that. And the Man's Promise was the name when it was a Rahadoumi vessel. Not really fitting for a pirate ship, is it?"

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:23 pm

"Let him come. I'll run the scurvy dog through! As to tha name, new name fer new luck!" Davok paces the top deck of the ship getting familiar with his new home.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Sandara nods to Aya, "Aye aye..." no one has put Aya in charge, she's just taken charge, and so far folks seem to be reacting well to it. Sandara reports back, "Two dead, well four dead..." she watches as Davok strips down Plugg and Scourge and throws them over to the sharks. "I feel bad for the next ship that get's stuck here with Plugg and Scourge returned as Lacedons." She chuckles at that. "The rest of the crew is in sailing shape."

Rosie Cuswell joins the little gathering, "Captain, the ship's ready to sail. We've been working non stop since you left. Load that water you brought back and we are good to sail with the tide."

The tide, right. At noon high tide will come in and you'll be ready to sail, that gives you a few hours to get your jolly boat and the water (and plunder) loaded and give you a chance to search the ship without fear of Plugg.

Talk of what to do with the ship catches the ear of Fishguts Kroop. The salty cook waddles over, he seems rather sober for a chance. "Well well, what do we have here, some real honest to goodness pirates if you ask me. A bit harsh there with Scourge, not that he didn't deserve it. If it was me I would have keelhauled him, but..." he shrugs. "I think I figured out where Plugg was taking the ship. It had to be, its the only place near enough to do what he was doing. Its called Rickety's Squibs, a seedy, isolated dry dock on the Slithering Coast west of Bloodcove. For a price, old Rickety Hake completely refits ships into “squibs,” providing new identities by changing ships' lines, silhouettes, and general appearance to be unrecognizable to their former owners or anyone else familiar with them. If you ask me, we should make for it, and set to sail for ourselves."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:35 pm

"Aye," Aya replies to Davok. "For luck and also to mark it our own. The name it has was given by some other folks. But this is ours. I was thinking that we're quite blessed with two priestess of the Pirate Queen among us so it might be nice to have the name reflect it. Though I do have some suggestions in mind it is not my lone choice to make, Davok." She looks at the man. "Something along the line of Besmara's Vixen with two fire kissed lasses aboard."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Toruk raises a brow when Aya stabs Scourge in the throat. As he thinks on her action, it comes as no surprise having gotten to know the girl a bit. When she suggests he inspect the ships repairs, "Aye aye, will do!" Upon returning he informs her that all seems well and then inquires, "If you don't mind Aya, I wouldn't mind heading to the galley to get things in order."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:32 pm

"That's great, 'cause we can get going soon," Aya replies when everything with the ship is in order. At least the two dead chums got the repairs done, she thinks. "I do not mind at all. Though if you''re done feel free to join us up on the deck. We gotta divide some tasks when we put out to sea."
Crikey, I missed the post with Rickety Squibs in it!. Totally my bad!
"Only four dead. That ain't too bad, though we might as well get a bit of crew," Aya replies to Sandara. Admittedly she doesn't have anything against adressing her the way they do, even feeling proud to do so. "Because if we get in a fight we might end up on the short end of a stick, even if Davok and Rod slay a dozen each. And a ship needs crew to keep it runnin'."

"Aye, that we are. Honest pirates!" The bard says with a grin. "And yes, they both deserved no quick end but... I don't know. I should have let you decide how to deal with them. In any case, Rickety's Squibs sounds like the place we need to go. Overhaul the ship, get a few more men aboard, and stock up on some gear. Aye, let's head there when the tide's high enough to set sail. Well, I gotta see if we can find some charts for the trip then." The girl concludes leaving everyone to themselves as she tries to find something to navigate to the Slithering Coast.
Last edited by Hayabusa on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Rod takes Maggie's hand with a grin. "I guess it was you who saved me. I give you my greatest thanks, my lady." He kisses her hand. He is surprised when Aya just stabs Scourge but he believes the man deserved it. He helps Davok plunder the two men and throw their remains overboard for the sharks.

When most is done he walks up to Aya and the others. "Yes. We need to get this here ship organized. And then, Rickety's Squibs seems a good place to go."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 pm

"Aye, it does sound like the best place to go so we'll head there," Aya nods to Rod. "So, do you think you'd be fit for a place to guide the crew? 'Cause now we need some officers."