Book 1 - Act 2 - The Man's Promise

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: HUZZAH! The Ship Be Yours!

Post by Trogdor » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Maggie shrugs when Aya stabs Scourge. "Almost too easy for him," she says. "If'n it were me that the cited with to do with him, I'd hae made him walk the plank ... in shark-infested waters. That's no more than he deserved. But at least he's dead. You won't hear me complaining about that. Let Besmara pay him back the rest of the way."

When talk of the ships name comes up, she offers her own suggestions. "How about Besmara's Banshee, Besmara's Bloody Blade, or something simple like The Revenge?"

Then Rod comes up to her and notes that she saved him, not the other way around. The priestess of Besmara smiles. "An' don't you forget that," she says. "I ain't some damsel what needs rescuing. I c'n handle meself just fine. 'Course any pirate'd be happy to have a trusty mate at her back in a fight." She smiles at Rod, making it clear that she wouldn't mind him bein' that mate.

"But I'm forget'n," she adds. "I promised you something when we were free. Maggie grabs Rod by the hand and pulls him close, drawing him into a kiss. "I said I was waitin' until we were free. Well, now we're free, an' I c'n live my life again. An' that's just what I intend to do."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 pm

"Well, we got our revenge," Aya replies before Maggie and Rod begin to make out. "Though I do love the Banshee part. Hey, if you two want to take some time, we got until noon before we leave so why don't you just take a bit of time."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:26 pm

"Well now be as good a time as any. I have no interest of sailing under the lash while some scallywag gets rich. I would rather be dead here on the deck than do that again. I think we be needin a pirate charter. If ye be wanting me to slay yer enemies I be needin more treasure than a deck hand. Make the crew invested and we be twice as fierce on ...what are we calling her?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:18 pm

"Aye, Davok. We'd hardly want to lose just because there is no set of rules," Aya says, not going into the name of the ship at this very moment. "There is such a thing that I recall. A code of pirate conduct if you will. Though I can assure you that gettin' rich ain't what I am lookin' for. But you're right in any case."

The bard strides up to the aft deck and climbs on the railing in front of the ship's wheel. "Ahoy!" She shouts, trying to get as much attention as possible from anyone aboard. "Tis a matter that is quite imporant to any of us. As ye can imagine there's somethin' that comes to mind when we set sail and go forth to continue with our work. T' make sure that not one, like me, will be they only one t' profit from yer hard work we ought to put a charter in place, 'cause it ain't helpin' anyone if we end up stabbin' each other in the back."

Aya takes a step to the left, trying to recall as much as she can from what she heard in taverns or on the docks from sailors from all over the Shackles. "First off, everyone gets a fair share of the treasure. Anyone who takes more or won't report some's goin' to end up stranded on an island by herself or himself. There's goin' t' be some extra shares for the officers aboard. Anyone who spots the sail of a ship'll get the first pick of the booty. Anyone losin' a limb as he fights or works'll get an extra share as well." The kitsune begins with what she assumes is the most important part of the their pirate endeavor, the profit for anyone involved.

"Furthermore, anyone needs to keep his weapons clean an' ready as we might come upon a decent target at any time. Those who show cowardice in the heat of the fight'll end up with their throat cut and no one will hide their abilities on behalf of the ship an' its crew. No man shall talk of breaking up their way of living till each has a share of 1,000 pieces. There won't be any fightin' between the crew as well, all matters be settled once ashore by hand, blade or pistol. Ye can gamble but not for money but all lights will be snuffed after dawn and if ye desire t' drink past dawn ye gotta be on deck for it. There's not goin' to be any theft among the crew an' any thief will have his nose an' ears cut off so every sailor knows he's a thief, receive 30 lashes and end up in the next port."

Standing on the railing she raises a finger. "Most importantly though every man and woman aboard will have a vote in any matter the captain decides. Why, we ought t' see this in action as of this very moment. Those in favor, raise yer voice!" She looks expectantly over the deck of the ship.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Davok is surprised by the terms of the agreement he finds them...fair. He just needs to make sure he is an officer now to get an extra share of the booty. Davok calls out loudly and thrusts his fist into the air "Aye!" He screams.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Rod takes his time in kissing Maggie. When they break apart, he feels a bit dizzy. "My lady! My love! I know you do not need protecting - that is what I love about you. But we might keep our respective backs safe. And, maybe we get to share a cabin..."

When Aya talks about charters and the like, he agrees. "AYE!" he shouts, drawing his blade and holding it high, hoping to get others to follow his example. "AYE!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Sandara pumps her arm into the air, "AYE HUZZAH!" She is smiling ear to ear.

Kroop, who seems shockingly sober right now, also holds his hand up, "TO CAPTAIN AYA! TO A NEW SHIP! A NEW CREW! AYE AYE!" His chicken makes a bunch of loud clucking noises along with him.

One by one your crew hoists their arms into the air, Rosie, Conchobar, Badger, Cog, they shout their approval. Maheem, Owlbear are both loud and boisterous, and then Fipps, Slippery Sly, Shivikah, they shouts "AYE!" In the end the ship is all shouting their approval for the new Captain Aya who basically just claimed the Captaincy for herself without a fight, without asking, just like any good Pirate Queen should. Even Jape, Tam and Ratline fall in line shouting with the others.

Its a chance for a new start, a start as pirates of your own destiny, set for riches, plunder and infamy!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:18 pm

"Huzzah!" Maggie echoes, Keeping one hand around Rod's waist. "Tis a chance for a new start!"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:00 pm

"Aye aye Captain!" Toruk yells and simply nods at Aya as she assumes command. The Undine walks over and stands next to Kroop and his out of control chicken, "It will be interesting to see how the crew responds to a longer leash..."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Standing on the aft deck Aya grins as happy as she's never been before, seeing her friends. She contemplates to set sail as soon as possible, put a new name on the ship, overhaul what needs to be overhauled, stock up and set sail again.

Before leaving everyone get to their tasks she raises her voice again. "Ahoy me hearties. Today we start somethin' new. Ye and me we're gonna set sail and it is not for me own profit but for yers as well. I'm not sayin' that tomorrow a large booty will fill our hold. And we sure as bloody hell won't be lootin' a Chelish man-o'-war the day after. None of it will happen now but let me assure ye, it will happen. Time and bloody time again we've been under the whip of some brain-dead filth sucker. This time is over now. We took this ship and it is ours. Some fought with us, some against us. From now on we will fight together. Me friends are the bravest and loyal buccaneers there are and I count every one of ye among them now. Ye are the best any captain can find and I wouldn't ever sail with any other crew. Ye are strong! Ye are brave! Ye are loyal! YE ARE PIRATES!"